• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captions need more corrections than in past versions - random punctuation, capital letters, skipping

Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2023 Apr 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't want to report this as a bug yet I wanted to see if others have experienced the same thing.  To anyone that uses the auto caption feature have you noticed that you have to correct it more often recently? I work with 2 content creators that I have been with for a while, both have VERY clear mics.  Iv noticed in the past week that I have to put more time into the captions than anything else.  Premier Pro (for me at least) is doing stuff like random punctuation, random capital letters in the middle of words, skipping clear chunks of audio.

Anyone else feeling a slip in standards?

Mod note: Title was changed to reflect issue for the bug.

Bug Unresolved

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
2 Comments
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2023 Apr 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Shinish,

If you are on version 23 and still have version 22 installed, do a small test between the two. Export .txt or .csv from each and do a compare. But your observation convinces me that something is going on. Whether it is a bug or a corrupt file, etc, I wonder.

I'd back up everything, but I would be tempted to reinstall the language pack. The only way I see to do this is via the cloud desktop; uninstall that language module, then reinstall.

This raises a good question: how are language packs updated and how do you provide this kind of feedback?

I looked at some of the files, and let's just say it's complicated. There are a variety of folders and files (it is not a Language File; it's a Language Pack). There is clearly some kind of updating going on. And I see no option to roll back, for example.

I assume that staff want to see this improving all the time, and would want feedback on the issues you raise.

@Kevin-Monahan Who's the best resource for getting guidance on this and providing feedback?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 21, 2023 Apr 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think we should move this into the bug reports forum, @Shinish Thanks for flagging me, @Stan Jones

@Shinish - if you wouldn't mind giving devs more info using the following format, that would be helpful for your case.

Moving now.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate