• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Captions Presets Do Not Include Style

Participant ,
Nov 21, 2023 Nov 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you create and save a caption preset, it includes many of the aspects of the captions. It includes line and time lengths, for example. And a recent bug fix solved the problem of it not saving single or dual lines.

But it does NOT save the Style. This makes the preset nearly useless. If I have to select the preset, then open up the dialog futher to select the style, what's the point of the preset? Or at least why have the dialog open up in the closed state so you have to open it further to set the style?

If you're setting a caption preset, it has to include the style information -- font, size, position, etc. Otherwise, the preset is pointless.

I'm running 24.0.0 on MacOS 14.1.1. To reproduce, create a caption preset with a Style set. Reload the preset. Style is set to "none".

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Effects , Graphics

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
3 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upvoted.

See the bug report I filed. As I noted there, "I can argue that this is a feature request, a bug, or just an observation that users will be confused when Create Caption Presets are imported."

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-beta-bugs/caption-track-style-not-exported-with-create-c...

I assume there is no change, but I have not tested this in the latest Beta.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize, I had searched for this issue and did not find your report. 

Contary to your report, however, the presence of the caption track style in the project has no effect. I was never able to see a caption preset that had the "style" other than none. Imported, part of a saved template project, in the saved list of presets. No difference. I never saw anything but "none".

Feels a lot like a bug to me. To have no way to preserve the style in the preset feels buggy. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Nov 22, 2023 Nov 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I get it.

The issue previously was that the style used in the Create Caption did not work even if added after applying a preset (or not).

I think it was in the context of the one bug being fixed that I did not just say "bug"! The argument for bug is that the Style should not appear to be part of a preset if it is not going to be saved.

The related issue is PR text styles not being cross project:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/creative-cloud-desktop-ideas/import-premiere-text-styles-in-adobe-cc-...

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate