• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

CC 2020 Timeline Clips Shifts After Moving Project / Relocating / Relinking

Contributor ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have several users of BRAW Studio experiencing timeline shift after moving their projects between computers. Sometimes it even goes back to the first frame.

If this also happens to you please tell your story in Adobe Community Forums : https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/cc-2020-timeline-clips-shifts-after-moving-project-reloc...

Happens only with CC 2020 (both 14.0.0 and 14.0.1), both OSX and Windows, all framerate (23.96 fps and 25 fps for example).
Apparently happens with others formats than .braw : https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/linking-media-losing-in-and-out-points/td-p/10922669 "I have this problem on every file type I have tried; R3D, BRAW and CRAW"
Attached is a zip with the two .prproj from a user editing with .braw and you can see what's changing inside and , also the timecode changes from 01:43:25:03 to 01:43:31:16000

Please investigate and fix this issue it is very annoying and preventing users to edit in good conditions with Premiere Pro it is quite urgent

Thanks,
Antoine

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Hello @autokroma,

Thanks for the message. It’s been a long time since you filed this bug. I apologize for the lack of a response. Is this issue still hitting you? If so, the team will need more info from you to reproduce the bug. Can you provide the information required here? How do I write a bug report?

I'll move your post to the Discussions board while we await your information.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, timecode when opening PPro project goes from 01:43:25:03 to 01:43:31:16000, the latter timecode coming from the project after relocation and this timecode doesn't make sense at all (16000 frames ?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bad formatting from uservoice... Inside the Premiere Project XML, it goes from this :

A005_01231137_C004.braw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

to this after relocation :

A005_01231137_C004.braw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing this issue and it has caused an extreme delay in a project deadline. I'm left to re-editing the entire project at this point.

I tried to downgrade the project and open in an older version of PPro, but it saves all the information from the main project file and all edits still revert back to first frame.

Even timelines with unedited footage are out of sync.

I created a post as well here: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro/premiere-pro-sequences-not-linking-to-correct-timecode-i...

Thanks for looking into this Antione! Adobe please help to find a solution as it's causing some major problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two possible solution :
1) export timeline Final Cut Pro XML and reimport it
2) edit manually the .xml extracted from your Premiere Pro project .prproj and change manually the filepath of the file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We published an article on our website with 3 potential solutions for you to fix your project, move your footages and continue your editing (i.e. working around this Adobe bug) :

https://autokroma.com/blog/Premiere-Pro-Timeline-Shift-First-Frame-After-Moving-Project-Relinking/

Please tell us if it worked !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Definitely works! So grateful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The shift issue is basically causing me to lose a day. Please raise this in priority for an emergency fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please fix this ASAP, it's caused me to lose at least one day on a project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a problem with this in time.
every time my projects are modified.
I have many projects going in bad shape.
I can't even make a backup because they give problems ...
I've used 23.9 .. 24, 30, 59fps and nothing worked.

it is increasingly difficult to work with premiere.
every time I update there is an inevitable bug.

thx

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem for me. Every single time I move footage e.g. onto external hard drives to free up space for other projects, and then need to continue editing those files in my project, I re-link the footage but it's all out of sync (edited clips just start from the very beginning of the footage file without retaining the previously created in-points).

So frustrating and is costing lots of time to fix manually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Antoine Autokroma - thanks for the reply.

The simpler fixes (revert to PPro 2019 and create XMLs) aren't fixes for me as I have multiple projects with multiple clients at any one time so always need the latest version to be able to work with them. Creating XMLs every time I want to save some space or move my files isn't a practical solution either for me.

I did attempt but couldn't properly follow the manual method you suggested. I'm on Mac OS and found it too technical to be able to execute. Maybe a demonstration video would help?

Or hopefully Adobe could help with a fix which wouldn't require additional steps just to continue working an existing project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for the manual method being too complicated but for now there is no other way around. Please tell me at what step you are stuck and what you don't understand !

Or if you know someone a little bit more tech savvy he could do it for you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Antoine, I did try the manual method and obviously did something wrong because the project file showed as corrupted after I went through the process. Nothing was lost because this was a duplicate file. I'm fairly tech savvy but I may try to find someone else to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hum maybe you need to check that the resulting XML is valid and the paths are correct. You can CTRL+F to search what the place to replace paths look like and compare before/after to see if it's wrong somewhere

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uses Carbon Copy Cloner to copy exact file structure to new ext harddrive, opened up prem project, all clips on the timeline start at the beginning of the clip. All in/outs have not been translated over. Is there a fix? I tried the fixes on the braw studio site but nothing seems to work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Tony where were you stuck in the manual method tutorial ? did you try to downgrade to PrPro 2019 ? (it'll be easier to start with)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For anyone who it is a really urgent problem and who can't follow the tutorial you could try to hire freelancers on Upwork.com to help you go through the tutorial (the freelancer can install free trial of Adobe), it is very quick!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I updated the article with more precise instructions and a bug fix ! https://www.autokroma.com/blog/Premiere-Pro-Timeline-Shift-First-Frame-After-Moving-Project-Relinkin...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Antoine, thank you for the response. I get to #7 in the manual method. I'm on a Mac so I use Keka to archive the '_fixed.xml'

Once I do this I get the '_fixed.xml.zip' Should I then name it like this '_fixed.xml.prproj'? or _fixed.prproj'? I actually tried both and it didn't seem to work. But I feel like I may be missing a step?

Once the file is archived with Keka am I just adding the .prproj or so I need to extract again?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you know as a "zip" is just one of many formats that are trying to losslessly compress your data. You need to use Keka to compress the .xml into a ".gz" with the "gzip" choice, not into a ".zip" with the "zip" choice. If you add ".prproj" with anything else than "gzip" Premiere Pro will refuse to read your file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got it working. As far as I can tell all clips on my timeline now have the correct in/out points, line up and are back to normal.

Where I initially got a bit lost was with Keka. so for #7 in the manual method, open up Keka, select gzip in the upper right corner, then drag the _fixed.xml on top of the Keka window and it then creates the .gz file, which you then suffix with .prproj. Then open this file up and voila! Thank you Antoine!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great to know, will update the article. Can I use your image ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines