• Global community
    • Language:
      • Deutsch
      • English
      • Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit
1

Clips in Sequence become off sync when switching between Mac & Windows

Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2023 Jun 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow. What a frustrating mess I've run into.

I just discovered a MAJOR bug in v23.4.0 (Build 56) and it's consistent in two separate projects.

One project edited on Windows (yesterday when moved/opened on Mac has ALL the clips completely messed up: off-sync and even clips duplicated. And another project started on Mac, then moved to Windows has the exact same issue. Footage is all MXF clips shot on Canon C70. I've tried rolling back to previous versions of Premiere with no luck. Sequence is messed up and will need to be completely re-edited. Anyone else experiencing this? Adobe, help!

 

I have a MacBook Pro (M1 Max) running OS v12.5 and Windows 10 Pro, AMD Ryzen 9 5900X.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Editing and playback

Views

121

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
3 Comments
Participant ,
Jun 16, 2023 Jun 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, you got hit by the major major known issue Adobe is being far too slow in rolling out a fix for. You can open the project in the Beta version to fix it according to this thread. 

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-bugs/known-issue-text-based-editing-clips-reset-to-first...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2023 Jun 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you @James5FC9! I will give that a shot. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report
Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2023 Jun 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Crazy workaround. Found & downloaded the Beta on PC - didn't work.

Installed 23.3 on PC - didn't work. 

Installed on the 23.3 on Mac and it worked.

Moving that same project to PC/23.3 - became unsynched again. 

Went back to Mac/23.3, exported XML, imported into PC/23.3 and it worked.

Insane. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Report

Report