• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clips reset to first frame after relink - Strikes Again

Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2023 Aug 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue was supposedely fixed in based on this previous post: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-bugs/fixed-issue-text-based-editing-clips-reset-to-first... - I just had it happen again. I would love some guidance so I don't have recreate my entire commercial. Thanks!

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Editing and playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Aug 15, 2023 Aug 15, 2023

Thanks for the ideas. I figured out a solution! I'll try to explain it properly for anyone else. I opened up the project and I offlined all and did not relink before the project was fully open. The project opened and everything was red and offline. I chose one of my interview clips, control clicked, and hit replace footage (Not relink footage). I replaced it with the WRONG clip on purpose. This is the key. After that, which, of course, didn't work at all, I then replaced the footage again with t

Votes

Translate

Translate
4 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@josephm28216620 Sorry to hear about the trouble you're having. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! Thanks for the response. This was not a broken project. This is a brand new project. I created it about 5 days ago. I needed to move the entire folder (The folder with footage/premiere file/etc) to another drive and delete it from the original drive. When I opened up the project on the new drive, it was having the issue I described. I tried every auto save and the new Premiere Beta as well. It sounds like I'll just need to do the work over again if there isn't another option. What do you think? Thanks again for the quick response. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@josephm28216620 The public version of Pr just updated from Pr 23.5 to Pr 23.6. Are you certain you were using Pr 23.5 five days ago and not 23.4? I'm still discussing things with the product team to see what may have happened, but my main priority here is hopefully finding a way to get back to your finished Project + Media. So...

What if you skip the relink steps at project open and try right clicking on media in the project panel and doing the relink steps from there? Or perhaps even replace footage... pointing to the same media in the new locale? Save an extra instance of your project before trying any of this so we don't make things even less recover-able.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the ideas. I figured out a solution! I'll try to explain it properly for anyone else. I opened up the project and I offlined all and did not relink before the project was fully open. The project opened and everything was red and offline. I chose one of my interview clips, control clicked, and hit replace footage (Not relink footage). I replaced it with the WRONG clip on purpose. This is the key. After that, which, of course, didn't work at all, I then replaced the footage again with the CORRECT footage. This worked! Please let me know if you have any questions or want me to clarify anything. Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate