• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clips with 4 channel mono audio are changed to adaptive when creating proxies

Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2023 Feb 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working in Premiere 23.1.0 with clips that have 4 channel audio mapped to mono. Whenever I batch create proxies from within Premiere Pro, the clips are changed to adaptive. It used to be that Premiere had a bug where the first clip in the batch was mysteriously changed to adaptive. But now the entire batch changes to adaptive. This seems like a bug. I have to remember to modify audio to change everything back to mono. 

Also - I would love someone to point to a resource that explains the advantage of having clips mapped to adaptive. It's a mysterious feature to me!

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Import and ingest

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
3 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2023 Feb 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, not only are the clips remapped to audio, but the proxy audio tracks don't match the original audio tracks. See the two screengrabs below. With proxies disabled, there's audio on A1-A3, but nothing on A4. With proxies enabled, there's audio on all 4 channels. This is potentially a big problem.Screenshot 2023-02-16 at 5.06.57 PM.pngScreenshot 2023-02-16 at 5.07.07 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Mar 08, 2023 Mar 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this issue. I shoot on a C300 Mark III, with 4 mono audio channels. I use premiere to make proxies using the Quicktime Low Res setting.

I'm editng on a timeline with 4 mono channels by default. No issues with the full resolution media. When I switch to Proxies, only Channel 1 audio remains. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Apr 06, 2023 Apr 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I haven't figured out why Premiere kept defaulting back to adaptive audio when creating proxies. It was happening on a coworker's project. I think he just ended up having to create proxies in Media Encoder and attach them.

However, I was able to get the audio channels to show the correct waveforms by detaching the proxies and re-attaching them.

Votes

Translate

Translate