• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Colors In PREMIERE PRO 2021 renders Have become noticeably duller a week after using.

Community Beginner ,
Apr 17, 2023 Apr 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a musician who has made my own music videos. I rent adobe. I thought I was done a week ago. The videos all rendered exactly as bright and colorful as they appeared inside the program. A week later I have discovered that the compression that YouTube adds to music videos really strangles the audio. I used 16BIT 48K music last week. This week I am using 24bit 96k WAV files in Premiere. This sounds much better on YouTube even after they compress on upload.

However, now all the colors look dull on the videos. desaturated. I have not updated anything. I have looked at the old videos and new side by side and it is very noticeable.

My computer is a 2011 Mac so I am stuck at Adobe 2021 (My OS etc have all stayed the same). So.... Nothing on my end has changed. I paid for another moth of Premiere Pro. Do they change anything when you renew a membership. My version is 15.4.5 which is 2021.

I made zero changes to the video side of the files. I simply opened them, added a WAV file for the music and rerendered. The result is a dull looking render with music that has a much higher dynamic range. But the colors a week ago looked SO good!

What can I do? Please help!

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Color , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
3 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone will come along soon to explain it. Are you viewing in perhaps a diffent way then previously. Macs have some issues with color with the result as you see. Search around here if you want a quicker answer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's one, I just search the forums for 'mac washed out colors'

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/adobe-washing-out-color-during-export/m-p/11...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for the kind reply! That link was an interesting read. The music side of the internet has had the same issue with loudness and music limiting in broadcast and streaming services. Sounds about right. We will all weather the storm until a dominant standadard emerges. 

I am viewing everything on the same monitor. Nothing has changed except those colors haha. I did find an adobe Lut that helps a little. It's name is Gamma compensation.cube. Seems to bring some of the vibrancy and punch back. 

Votes

Translate

Translate