• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Displaying of camera exif in metadata list

Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2023 Oct 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the metadata list, there are shutter speed values or focal lengths in 35mm or iso speed, and so on. but that option doesn't display all the information of footage Exif that we have captured

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
5 Comments
LEGEND ,
Oct 18, 2023 Oct 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you added to the selected (displayed) items from the massive lists of additional metadata items that can be displayed? Or are you talking about not seeing something in that addition set of options for display? As there are some things Premiere simply won't show. Though there are many more things you can show if you know how.

If you don't know how to add meta items for display, and many don't ... right-click anywhere on the header column of the project panel metadata line ... Framerate and such ... and bring up the dialog for selecting metadata fields from the what ... eight or nine additional section options?

Then you can drag them on the line to where you want them, save as your own specific metadata view.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2023 Oct 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I've added all of the things related to camera exif such as ISO speed, Lens model, shutter speed value, and so on to my metadata display. but unfortunately, those don't show any parameter

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 20, 2023 Oct 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm assuming you mean, you've added the fields, but Premiere isn't showing any data from the camera in those fields?

There are tons of frustrating things in metadata. Some things that cameras do store in some of the exif type fields, Pr doesn't always read. Or will read some but not all.

But then ... one of my cams fills those fields out in detail for still shooting, but when doing video shooting, doesn't put any data in the file to begin with. Which ticks me off but ... oh flipping well. That ain't Pr's fault, it's Panny's fault.

So ... you can use Adobe Bridge or several other apps to go in and check to see what data the files actually have in them. I've been through this before with other users, who ... when finally checking the files ... found that like my Panny, their rig wasn't putting data in some fields to start with.

If you do find the fields have data, PLEASE report that back! We'll try and get a dev on here to check it out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 23, 2023 Oct 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes exactly Premiere isn't showing any data from the camera in those fields
Mostly I use the camera of the Sony a7 series to capture video in the S-log3 Profile picture and any time I try to see EXIF of my footage it doesn't show any EXIF for all footage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,
Oct 23, 2023 Oct 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And those clips do have the Exif data in them?

Not that I'd be surprised if something 'there' wasn't shown, mind you.

But I ask, because I know on my Panny GH3, the thing fills out nearly all Exif things for stills, but doesn't for video files. So the camera was the culprit there.

Votes

Translate

Translate