I updated premiere pro 23.4 from 23.3 to test the text-based editing and immediately all my projects started to display the error ‘The importer reported a generic error’, it couldn't locate all audio information in the projects, I went to forums and I tried all solutions deleting cache files reinstalling, nothing worked to fix it.
In the end what it worked to kind of fix it was the following:
Re-install Premiere Pro 23.3
If I get another ‘The importer reported a generic error’ just duplicate the file and use Link Media, the error is less now only 1 audio file per project.
Be careful with the update and just wait until they fix this.