Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

duplicate video clips in media bin

Community Beginner ,
Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro 2023 -  Version 23.2.0 -  MacOS Monterey

Finding duplicate and triplicate video clips in my media bin. First noticed when I saw them in timeline. Went back into media and deleted identical duplicates. Screen grab shows video bin with triplicate clips - but it happens with bins that have many video clips in them. 

FYI first time user of Premiere Pro. Came from FCP7. Holding my breath waiting for an answer since I deleted duplicates.

Thank you! Connie

Screen Shot 2023-03-21 at 6.29.57 PM.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 22, 2023 Mar 22, 2023

If you select one of those clips in your project panel there should be a drop down about by the preview icon telling you how many times it was used and you can click on the arrow and jump to those points in your timeline. If everything in the timeline is fine then you  should be OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you select one of those clips in your project panel there should be a drop down about by the preview icon telling you how many times it was used and you can click on the arrow and jump to those points in your timeline. If everything in the timeline is fine then you  should be OK.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Rob, Thank you. I did see that. So, that's why I decided to delete the duplicates. (Any damage doing that?)

I need to redo quite a few timelines because the clips were also out of order from how they were shot. I resorted video in mediaby by video in point - 10 years worth! Whew... What in the world did I do to get this so screwed up? 

Really appreciate that you answered so quickly!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines