• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Edit selected caption keyboard shortcut not working since v23.1

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are a I think 2 updates since this bug apear in v.23.1 if I recall corectly.
It seems like more and more, every update comes with thinks that were working but now are broken.

Good thing is that you cand install older version of Pr.Pro. Now I get back to 23.0 and everything is fine.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Performance or Stability

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Dani,

New information: I discovered, looking at some other issues about the new caption keyboard shortcuts, that some of the Beta commands are already in PR 23.3 Release version. Ordinarily, this wouldn't matter if you didn't try to use something that is not supported.  I now suspect you were using the shortcut, appropriately, to enter edit mode in the Text Panel.

The command "Edit selected caption text" was an Application level command and a shortcut assigned to it would work in the Timelin

Votes

Translate

Translate
2 Comments
Community Expert ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dani,

They are working for me today in 23.3.0 on Win 10. I can't find the earlier bug report; probably made in UserVoice.

This gets tricky because a) the shortcut is not assigned by default and b) it will work in the Text Panel/Captions and in the timeline, but getting selected is not intuitive.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dani,

New information: I discovered, looking at some other issues about the new caption keyboard shortcuts, that some of the Beta commands are already in PR 23.3 Release version. Ordinarily, this wouldn't matter if you didn't try to use something that is not supported.  I now suspect you were using the shortcut, appropriately, to enter edit mode in the Text Panel.

The command "Edit selected caption text" was an Application level command and a shortcut assigned to it would work in the Timeline (to put the text into edit mode in the Program Monitor) and in the Text Panel (to put the text in the caption tab into edit mode). In 23.3 (and the public Beta version), that shortcut is unchanged, but the edit command in the Text Panel is now "Edit Segment." So your old shortcut doesn't work there.

Workaround: You can assign the same shortcut to the Edit Segment command, and it will work in both places.

In the Beta version, the default assignment for the Edit Segment is the Enter key. So there will be a quick way to enter edit mode via keyboard in the Caption (and Transcript) panel. Major enhancements are coming that use transcripts based on source media as well as sequences for captions.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate