Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

estimate volume doesn't match after the export

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2023 Oct 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

after the last update ( v.24.0 ) I found a problem afrer the export. the weight's file doesn't match with the estimate weight... for example I set the export at 1gb but after the weight is 200 mb. someone has had the same problem?

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Export , Performance or Stability , User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
2 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, this can happen depending on the content of your video. The estimate given by Premiere Pro is only using a simple calculation of Target Bitrate multiplied by the length of your video. When you set your export to use Variable Bit Rate (VBR) and then set a Target Bitrate, you'll see the estimated file size increase or decrease based on the Bitrate you set. All of this is an estimate.

When the H.264 encoder actually is working on your video, it may find that it doesn't need the full bitrate to encode your video and so it will use less bits. If this is true for most of your video, you can end up with a much smaller file size. However the visual quality should still be good in this case. For example if there are a lot of still frames or heads talking in a video with a background that doesn't change, H.264 is very good at compressing those without using a high bitrate.

If you really need the file to be a certain size, you can change from Variable Bit Rate (VBR) to Constant Bit Rate (CBR) which means the encoder will always use the bitrate you tell it to. This may mean your file is bigger than it needs to be, but, then the estimate should match much closer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, thank for the reply.
I don't understand  before the update the weight was the same after the export, I use always the same setting
I tried to change as you suggested from VBR to CBR but the weight is always lower than the estimate.

Votes

Translate

Translate