• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit Search

Export ignores black frames at start of video

Community Beginner ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Premiere Pro 2023 (23.1.10 Build 86) on my MacBook M1 Pro 2021 (Ventura 13.2). 

When exporting a video (in .mp4 .H264, 3840x2160, CBR 40) I like to add a black frame at the very begining (because some video player or sites show the first frame, and I'd prefer to keep it blank for preview reasons). 
When I export sequence with my IN/OUT points, I would export the black frame as my first frame. 
Then it wouldn't work anymore, it would ignore the first black frame and skip to the video, so I would CMD+A my whole sequence and slide everything right 1 frame, to create 2 black frames in the begining, and that would work too. 
But now when exporting, with the same settings and the IN point before those 2 black frames, Premiere still ignores those 2 black frames and skips straight to the first clip in the exported video. 
A workaround would be to add a black video in the begining, but that's a bandaid solution. 

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
2 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A black video is the best way to go instead of leaving a gap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ann's correct. In pro video production, the addition of black-video prior to the first program frame is often expected. Many specs request both  several seconds of black video plus a few seconds of bars & tone, for instance. Total time also to spec.

So a lot of folks have their beginning-of-sequence "asset" or clip already made in the bin. Drag/drop that to the front & export.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate