Export mode uses incorrect Output specs

Adobe Employee ,
Jan 31, 2023 Jan 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue: Export mode shows and uses the incorrect Output specs on first attempt

Pr ver.: 23.0.0 (Build 63)

System info:

• macOS 12.6.1 MacBook Pro (16-in. 2019)
  • CPU: 2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9
  • RAM: 16 GB 2667 MHz DDR4
  • Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro 5500M 4 GB
  • Video format: 4K

Steps to reproduce: From the start screen, the sequence is opened. Click the Export tab. 

Expected result: In the Preview panel, the Output settings should reflect the Preset (High Quality 1080p HD) and actual sequence settings. 

Actual result: The Output settings show 720x480. (It's not simply a display error; clicking the Export button actually outputs the sequence at this lower resolution.) This situation is "corrected" by clicking back to the Edit tab and then back again to Export. When you do that, the Output settings show the correct info (1920x1080) and export the video at that higher resolution.

I can reproduce this error. I made a recording of it (watch in full-screen mode): https://f.io/n09tFLga

In the recording, I show the Sequence Settings dialog box after clicking back to the Edit tab to confirm what the actual sequence setting is, but doing this is not necessary to correct the issue. 

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
2 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alas, I am unable to reproduce this bug today using the same project file and sequence. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have seen this too, but used DV export settings earlier. Might be a bit sticky.

23.1 W11

Votes

Translate

Translate