• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Exporting Text Styles does not save TT (ALL CAPS) setting.

Explorer ,
Jul 25, 2023 Jul 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I'm making presets for my company and the issue we are running into is the fact that text styles will not preserve TT (all caps) after exporting style when applied to captions through the subtile window. 

We have a subtitle preset + text style preset. Starting a new project, we can import the text style preset and create a captions track importing our subtitle preset and apply the text style that is now imported as well. However, the text that we see is lowercase. The only workaround is to highlight every caption and select TT to make it all caps again. 

Thanks. Any information would be great!

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Graphics

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
4 Comments
Community Expert ,
Jul 30, 2023 Jul 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not see this problem. I can create a Caption Track Style with TT/all caps, export it, import it to a new project, and apply it to a new caption track.

Am I missing something about your workflow?

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Stan Jones 

Thank you for checking out this bug. I have outlined the issue in this video: 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that. I missed that you are applying the Caption Track Style in the Create Captions dialogue. And the plot thickens....

There was a problem in PR 15.4 (PR 2021), and fixed by 22.3.1. That thread discusses some related issues:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/can-t-select-caption-style-in-premiere-pro-1...

I agree that, in 23.5.0, the caption track style specified in the Create Captions dialogue is not applied to the caption track that is created. When a caption in that track is selected, it shows the specified style as active, but it is not, in fact, applied.

There are 2 workarounds to apply the style. 1) Select a caption in the track, switch to another style, then back to the one you want. 2) Skip specifying a style in the Create Captions dialogue and apply it after creation.

Note that switching to "None" as a style does not change the style of the track. And there is a related bug that, if you select a Text Style and create captions and then select None the next time, it hangs with the Create Captions progress indicator. (I had forgotten that one until I accidentally did that and it hung. The X in the progress indicator does allow canceling. Restarting PR clears the problem. But switching to another project results in the hang if you used a text style in the first project and then try to use None in the second. So, don't use None when creating captions if you've used something else!

FYI, my usual practice when I open a new project/version/whatever is to save the beginning properties as "Default Style." Once upon a time, I tried to figure out what that style was (last used in an old version?), but I still have no idea. In any event, it gives me an option when I need to check whether styles are being applied.

I tested this in the latest Beta (24.0.0.14) and saw these same results.

Note re Create Caption Presets. I see a bug that was reported previously: if I save a preset with "Double" lines, the second I click the check to save, the current settings switch to Single. (Even though the default is double.) And when using the preset, it selects Single.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 31, 2023 Jul 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When you are exporting, select "Record subtitles on video" so they will appear in the final result.

Votes

Translate

Translate