• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FIX the bug of audio missing from export

Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When exporting a video sequence premiere randomly leaves out part of the audio. Those part were not muted, but in the same channel and of the same kind of other parts exported fine, not even cut: so for instance you have a talker that randomly get the voice silent.
This is a big reliability issue, because there is no correspondence of what you have on timeline and what you are going to have on final export. This happens on different machines and happened also with previous versions of Premiere different from this one at moment of writing 15.4.1 (build 4).
The only reliably working workaround has been export only the single audio channels in wave files and then import it back into the timeline, that is time consuming and unacceptable for a professional software.
Bug Needs More Info
TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Explorer , Jul 27, 2023 Jul 27, 2023

23.5 fixed it for me... but after months of frustration, nearly doubling my workload.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Apr 30, 2023 Apr 30, 2023

It seems that the new beta builds for Premiere Pro and Media Encoder fixed it for me. I've exported around 10+ videos so far and it hasn't happened at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Hi All,
Sorry for this problem. We have made one fix regarding the intermittent audio dropouts from exported files in the latest beta builds.  This fix is available in both Premiere and Media Encoder beta builds. 

Please check out the latest beta build version from the creative cloud and let us know how it goes there.

You can download the latest Beta builds from Creative Cloud --> Beta apps --> Premiere Pro (Beta)/Media Encoder(Beta) 
https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/creative-cloud-public-beta.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 167 Replies 167
167 Comments
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have this problem too, for 1 month!!! and I think it's related to this bug: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911233-premiere-pro/suggestions/33893473-random-audio-layer... without-mute-button random audio layers are muted (without mute button activated) and I miss this audio after export also. Is it possible that this bug is not fixed yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running version 23.0.0 (Build 63) and I have had two successful exports in a row with no missing audio. Since this problem is intermittent this may be a fluke, but I thought I would share.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I did to solve this was to edit the audio clip witch I had the problem in Audition and in that way I could export whitout any problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've had the same problem. Original files were h264 5.1 (very compressed) at export random audio parts will not be exported, all the audio being on the same track with the same effects on it.
The fix was to restart Premiere before export. So when everything is ready, close Premiere, re-open it, and go straight to export, don't do any other changes on the timeline. For me it worked this way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

January 2023 (version 23.1.0, build 86) - still a problem. The solution could be to go back to the older versions of Adobe Premiere that did not have this problem. But every newer version is specifically done to be incompatible with the older ones. So stick with the version that works and do not upgrade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having this problem with two iPhone clips. I think it's related to constant vs variable rate. I fixed it by using Handbrake to change the clips to constant rate.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still an issue one year later. I highly recommend everyone use the "Render and Replace" function on the audio tracks which will prevent it from happening until this fixed if at all. If you don't, it will eventually happen again. You can export the same project with the same settings 3 times in a row and have the issue not happen, but on the 4th export it will just magically happen. If you don't use "Render and Replace", it will happen again. I've done everything I can to fix the issue like wiping my C Drive and cleaning my folders. Please Adobe fix this, it's been happening since March 2022.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just a note, it's still happening after I updated to v23.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to switch to an Intel CPU and this didn't happen anymore...
Could be because of the Quicksync feature of Intel?
Could this be related just to AMD processors or others without Quicksync?
Would anybody with this issue check which processor are they using?
Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've experienced this issue with GoPro footage before and I'm using a AMD Ryzen 5950X.

Making proxies, sub comps etc. didn't help. In the end I stitched several exports together in a new video, since the parts where always was missing always changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Davide, can you share a project plus the media that demonstrates this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2023 Apr 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem. What I did was I changed the Sample Rate from Audio in my Sequence Settings. From 48,000 Hz to 44,100 Hz and now I could export videos without having any audio problem. It was weird cos I wasn't even touching that settings but it worked for me XD (Version 23.2.0)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,
Sorry for this problem. We have made one fix regarding the intermittent audio dropouts from exported files in the latest beta builds.  This fix is available in both Premiere and Media Encoder beta builds. 

Please check out the latest beta build version from the creative cloud and let us know how it goes there.

You can download the latest Beta builds from Creative Cloud --> Beta apps --> Premiere Pro (Beta)/Media Encoder(Beta) 
https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/creative-cloud-public-beta.html

If you still face this issue, please share your project files(&media) here https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/share.html and we will check on our end.

Thanks,
Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2023 Apr 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it doesn't work with the beta version either.

ADOBE please, I have projects with deadlines, my customers wait and pay for them.

I pay a lot of money for the Adobe Cloud so please take care of it and fast.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 30, 2023 Apr 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems that the new beta builds for Premiere Pro and Media Encoder fixed it for me. I've exported around 10+ videos so far and it hasn't happened at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, @nilesf65871158 for the update. Really appreciate it.  🙂 
Let us know if you still see any audio drop issues anytime. 
Happy to help, 
Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 01, 2023 May 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Philipp28161810a35c,

Sorry for the problem. Can you please mention the Premiere Pro Beta build version you are using? 
If you still face this issue, please share your project files(&media), screen recording, and any other info. which can help us duplicate the issue you might be facing here https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/share.html and we will check on our end.

We have a few users including one in this post who have confirmed the audio dropout fix in the latest Premiere Pro beta build, so we would like to explore more on the scenario you might be facing.  

Happy to help,
Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 23, 2023 Jun 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is soooo bad... i've used Premiere consistently since the early 90's, i've never come across such a frustrating and fundamental fatal error as this before.... random silent gaps of audio in exports. 

this is massive... my hunch is it might be connected HEVC... but no idea really...

just can't believe this is happening.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @KinoKast,

Sorry for the problem. Can you please mention the Premiere Pro version you are using?  
Have you tried the latest Premiere Pro version ? We have a few users who have confirmed the audio dropout fix in the latest Premiere Pro versions, so we would like to explore more on the scenario you might be facing.  

If you still face this issue, please share your project files(&media) here https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/share.html and we will check on our end.

Happy to help,
Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, I think it's safe to say the original poster has found an alternative solution to their problem seeing as they had this problem 5 months ago....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies, I see the reply was not meant for the original poster. I do not see an option to edit or delete my comment so... it is what it is I guess.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jun 24, 2023 Jun 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using version 23.3.0 (build 61)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Jun 24, 2023 Jun 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @KinoKast,

Thanks for the version details. This issue was fixed in Premiere version 23.4. Please update your version from Creative Cloud and let us know how it goes there in the updated version. Sorry for not mentioning it earlier. 

Happy to help, Mayjain

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2023 Jul 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's absolutely still happening with 23.4. I've been re-exporting for hours now, the same video, and trying all of the tricks in this thread.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jul 26, 2023 Jul 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thankfully for me, it has been fine, but what I was doing was saving the aduio as an MP3, then dropping it on the timeline either muting all the other tracks of just soloing the one stereo track. Not efficient, but it worked and allowed me to get stuff out.

Votes

Translate

Translate