• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FIX the bug of audio missing from export

Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When exporting a video sequence premiere randomly leaves out part of the audio. Those part were not muted, but in the same channel and of the same kind of other parts exported fine, not even cut: so for instance you have a talker that randomly get the voice silent.
This is a big reliability issue, because there is no correspondence of what you have on timeline and what you are going to have on final export. This happens on different machines and happened also with previous versions of Premiere different from this one at moment of writing 15.4.1 (build 4).
The only reliably working workaround has been export only the single audio channels in wave files and then import it back into the timeline, that is time consuming and unacceptable for a professional software.
Bug Needs More Info
TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Explorer , Jul 27, 2023 Jul 27, 2023

23.5 fixed it for me... but after months of frustration, nearly doubling my workload.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Apr 30, 2023 Apr 30, 2023

It seems that the new beta builds for Premiere Pro and Media Encoder fixed it for me. I've exported around 10+ videos so far and it hasn't happened at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Hi All,
Sorry for this problem. We have made one fix regarding the intermittent audio dropouts from exported files in the latest beta builds.  This fix is available in both Premiere and Media Encoder beta builds. 

Please check out the latest beta build version from the creative cloud and let us know how it goes there.

You can download the latest Beta builds from Creative Cloud --> Beta apps --> Premiere Pro (Beta)/Media Encoder(Beta) 
https://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/global/creative-cloud-public-beta.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 167 Replies 167
167 Comments
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I exported a video through Media Encoder and it mixed my audio randomly!
It changed the correct audio with a random song that was in the project.
The only solution is to delete all Media cache and export again.
But the client was very upset and it's difficult to explain!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It looks like it only happens when using H265 footage.

My workaround is exporting Audio only, Video only, then adding this to a new project and export again.

But this is only a workaround, a time consuming workaround.
it's adobe's damned duty to finally solve the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

only took 5 exports to give up and search why this is wasting so much time.... how about fixing this ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

17 March 2022! STILL HAPPENING. Takes hours to export... is this being fixed?????

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After many, MANY years...... I am switching to DaVinci and it's FREE.... this is a joke. We pay a fair bit for a project that works.... sometimes. I have started outputing the audio as a single MP3, adding that in and exposrting it that way. I go a hold of tech support with NO help and keep getting emails that they are here to help. An abosolute joke......

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with John on this one. This is a huge bug and this thread has been open since Aug 27, 2021!!! Why am I paying for this? This problem is worse than whatever value I am getting out of Premiere. I am going to try DaVinci as well. I know other people who use it and like it, but I need to go through an entire workflow and see how it holds up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if I experienced the same problem... but I redragged my audio track into my project... and now it has exported just fine!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I posted about this bug in December last year and it is still present and incredibly annoying that either the Adobe support team don't read these or this is an error that has an easy fix and they think we should find out for ourselves. Either this is a fault with the software or if it is a hardware issue we need to know. All I ever see is people having the same issue and nothing from Adobe, come on at least talk to us!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

April 2022, Premiere 2022 updated 2 moths ago, same here. No sound at random places. This is just mediocre from Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

POSSIBLE EASY SOLUTION!!!!

So I've been having this issue alot and have posted a couple of times on here to vent my frustration, but I may have a fairly simple solution.

Firstly ensure your audio tracks are not linked to any of your video tracks (so probably best do this once you are happy with your edits and are ready to export).

Select ALL of your audio files and go to CLIP -> RENDER & REPLACE this will generate a new load of audio tracks, then EXPORT as usual.

Have only tried this a few times and it worked on all occasions. See how you get on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

I've been dealing with this problem one of my projects and it drove me crazy as I couldn't find a solution. I reached out to Adobe's team and went through 3 agents and I'm sorry to report that it doesn't sound like they really care about this issue. I went through 4 hours of work on the computer only for them to use this as a workaround:

Re-import the affected clips into premiere and replace the affected clips on the timeline and it should work again.

I'm sad to say that this problem is embarrassing on Adobe's behalf. This is a serious issue that isn't being looked at. One agent told me it was something I did (it wasn't lol), the next said it's a project specific problem, and the other offered the workaround.

I guess it's time to start looking for a real professional software as these bugs and lack of support are as unprofessional as it can get.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe told me it was a project related issue yet I'm having the same problem on a different one lmao. Please vote this up as much as possible

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The render and replace option worked for me. Thanks @Terry Kent

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens even when creating proxies. You can see how the audio flatlines at a random spot in my proxy.

Render and Replace isn't going to work for proxies. It's not even an option in the project browser for source media.

Proxies have now become a useless feature for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also having this problem and none of the workarounds work. My proxies also experience the same issue. I have tried
1. Exporting in premiere vs media encoder
2. Disabling CUDA
3. Exporting audio in a different format (QT for instance)

I do not have variable bit rate video or audio. Works just fine in lightworks.

Setting the audio to MPEG instead of AAC did not work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been pulling my hair out over this issue. Thankfully the "Render and Replace" option worked for me as well. THANK YOU @TerryKent!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bruh, I was finally relieved my gopro video got rendered and then I stumbled upon the fact that a part of my audio was missing smh. Hope adobe fixes this.

Edit: what fixed mine was after I clicked "match" at the export settings. Dont touch any other settins after you click this, because the resolution could change again (I saw this after few times rendering) and the framerates can change too then I think, which could cause this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@fergus yes I can, the whole project is 16 gb, the export is around 500gb, how do you want to receive it? it just happened again

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem has taken hours from my life. It's happening on multiple projects while hardware rendering on 2 different machines (with 2 different NVIDIA RTX3090 graphics cards on Windows 11pro. Horrible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm bug is still there in v 22.3.1 it just carried on from win 10 to win 11, through many updates, reinstall and multiple machines... just terrible...
@ ADMIN Fergus Hammond let me know how to send you proof, because I want to stop to re-watch all my video after exported, sometimes the audio missing is a few second others minutes, so to avoid saying sorry to clients I always have to check them again twice just because the Premiere is URELIABLE: unbelievable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This must be handled as a critical bug.

Audio is fine in preview but after export some audio clips are muted unexpectedly at random places. This can ofc completely ***** up a video but the randomness makes it easy to miss.

I feel bad for those delivering to clients or Youtube and get blamed for lazy editing, when they haven't done anything wrong.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Terry Kent's solution worked for me too! Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Running version 22.4.0 here and can confirm that this is a shameful bug that's been around for a while.

I've been using the Premiere platform since the late 90s. 100% Premiere veteran. Without a doubt, no drama, Premiere (and Adobe software in general) has become SHITWARE. If there was a comparable alternative I'd be trying it for sure! Also considering stopping my membership after the term is over and doing good-old warez instead as what's the point of having the most up-to-date version if new things break on releases and old problems aren't even acknowledged?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow Adobe, you guys did it again. I am very frustrated with this one because it costs us time and money checking after rendering after rendering just to make sure the audio isn't missing! I don't want to export audio track just to overcome this issue. Please fix this asap! my clients blamed me already few times because of this specific issue and I just don't want to be blamed for something we didn't do. this just makes us lose the trust between us for not doing "the job". It happens way more than you can imagine.

This tends to happen with
1. a multicam clip after syncing two videos to a sound of a handclap or slate.
2. when an audio clip has some cuts but nothing is deleted

Those setups shouldn't even affect the audio tracks to begin with...
But you never know when this happens, it's super random.

This is a critical bug, period. freaking ridiculous.

Votes

Translate

Translate