• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

FIXED Issue: Export mode fails to load in Premiere Pro 23.2 and 23.3

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are aware of an issue that prevents Export mode from loading for some users. When clicking Export in the header bar, a loading spinner is shown, but export mode fails to load.  Selecting File > Export > Media or using the keyboard shortcut Command/Control+M, there is no result; you just stay in Edit mode.  In these situations, exports won’t work in Premiere Pro.  When in this state, Quick Export also fails to function.

This issue is known to affect Premiere Pro versions 23.2 and 23.3 on Mac and Windows.

If you are experiencing this issue, please update to version 23.4 or later to get the fix

If you can't update to 23.4, here are some workarounds to successfully complete your export in 23.3, 23.2:

Workaround #1 – Export with Media Encoder (RECOMMENDED)

1. Launch Adobe Media Encoder.
  2. Select File > Add Premiere Pro Sequence.
  3. Navigate to your project file on disk and use the subsequent dialog to choose the sequence you want to export.

Workaround #2 – Reset Premiere Pro preferences

1. Hold the option key while launching Premiere Pro.
  2. Choose Reset Preferences in the “Reset Options” dialog.
  3. Exports will now be successful.

Workaround #3 – Avoid using the “Match sequence preview settings” preset

1. Do not choose the “Match sequence preview settings” preset in Export mode
  2. Choose another preset such as “Apple ProRes 422 LT” which will make a MOV file and match the sequence resolution, framerate, and preview render format (the same result as choosing Match sequence preview settings) –or– “Match Source - Adaptive High Bitrate” which will make a high-quality MP4 file.
  3. If you use “Match sequence preview settings” once, you will have to reset your preferences to export again successfully.

Our engineers understand the problem well and are currently working on a fix. We’ll update this post when it becomes available.

Bug Fixed
TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

This issue is fixed in 23.4, which has just been released.  Update to 23.4 to get this fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Apr 28, 2023 Apr 28, 2023

Votes

Translate

Translate

correct answers 2 Pinned Replies

Adobe Employee , Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Hello Becci and others on the thread,

I can understand how frustrating this issue is. I see the problem here on forums and on social media platforms. I hope I can offer some relief. The known workarounds are:

1. Choose File > Export > Send to Adobe Media Encoder
  2. Reset preferences. This can work with new projects created in 23.3.
  3. For updated projects created in an earlier version of Premiere Pro, import the project into a new 23.3 project.

I apologize that this is happening to you. I raised th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Mar 11, 2024 Mar 11, 2024

Hello Community,

A product manager has announced that this bug has been fixed in Premiere Pro 23.4. Please update to 23.4 or later to be free of this issue.

We appreciate your patience while the team fixed this bug.

Thanks,
Kevin

Status Fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 302 Replies 302
302 Comments
New Here ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alguien sabe coo corregir este problema, mi adobe premiere 23.3.0 no exporta video en mac.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @mthernandezosuna ,
Sorry for the problem. can you please share device information and media/project details? Is it happening with all your projects or any specific sequence?  What is the error you see while exporting?
If it persists, please share project/media files too so we can check it at our end.

Thanks,
Mayank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does 23.4 fix this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere 23.4 is still crashing/memory leaking. Not only on export. On play, while using captions, moving the playhead, even once on opening a file. Sometimes it works, but other times it's crashing constantly. This sucks. 

I've worked on bigger files than what I'm currently working on with no problems, on the same machine. A iMac M1 8GB Ram, with Ventura 13.3 now (previously it was whatver the previous OS was, maybe that's the issue).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This issue is fixed in 23.4, which has just been released.  Update to 23.4 to get this fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Kevin-Monahan

@Francis-Crossman 

Moderators,

Why was my post removed? I was not notified or consulted.

The opaque moderation of this forum continues the poor record of the way Adobe communicates with its users.

Original post (April 29):

Once again, Adobe fails to use its own tools to communicate with users effectively about the products they are paying for. This is an ongoing issue that negatively affects users. I have written before about this here and here.

Known Issues:

"Find known issues and limitations in the latest release of Adobe Premiere Pro."

Adobe currently lists no known issues with version 23.3 of Premiere Pro. Why?

Update:

The current Known Issues page lists no issues with 23.4. ... Is this true?

R.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Remote Index I don't know who removed your post but to answer your questions - The issue has been added to the known issues page for 23.3 and the fixed issues page for 23.4.  We don't have any known issues for 23.4 as of now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

never have them make the same mistake again

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere 23.4 is still crashing/memory leaking. Not only on export. On play, while using captions, moving the playhead, even once on opening a file. Sometimes it works (only after clearing preferences and restarting the imac, the same as before) but other times it's crashing constantly. This sucks. 

I've worked on bigger files than what I'm currently working on with no problems, on the same machine. An iMac M1 8GB Ram, with Ventura 13.3 now (previously it was whatever the previous OS was. Maybe that's the issue?).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

..even just now, I finally got it to play a rendered timeline (i.e. green bar indicator), every thing was finally going great, right.
Then I saved as, as another file, then I deleted some clips in front of the timeline, saved again, okay. Then I tried to play it, and it crashes/memory leaks again! This is ridiculous. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 21, 2023 May 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Finally solved my Prefences freeze, created a new account in Windows, removed the old one and now the new account works as it should. Doesn't require reinstalling Adobe apps either. Only way I could stop PP from freezing, not even the latest beta would make it run right. Seems to be a rogue file in the user account or something. Now it all works well... for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hola, ¿trataste de enviarlo directamente a adobe media Encoder y exportar por allí?
Otra opción sería restaurar tus preferencias; espero pueda ser de ayuda.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Guide ,
Jun 06, 2023 Jun 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Francis is there no fix on 23.3 for users who do not want to go to 23.4 because of the bugs in the new release?

Mo

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2023 Jul 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing that finally worked consistently was downgrading to 22, and converting any current 23 projects that are freezing, to be compatible with 22. There is a site that downgrades projects to 22, here

This two step process was the only way I was able to get back on track and not experience anymore crashes, freezes, or memory leaks. Period. 

Beyomd that, my next move would have been to give HitFilm a try. 

Good luck all. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2023 Jul 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

EDITED:

The only thing that finally worked consistently was downgrading to 22, and converting any current 23 projects that are freezing, to be compatible with 22. There is a site that downgrades projects to 22, here

Also, any .MOV files, especially ones with variable bit rates, I converted to .MP4 with a constant bit rate using handbrake

This three step process was the only way I was able to get back on track and not experience anymore crashes, freezes, or memory leaks. Period. 

Beyomd that, my next move would have been to give HitFilm a try. But so far I haven't had to resort to HitFilm because 22 has been working the way I remember Premiere Pro working previously before 23-point-whatever-it's-up-to-now. 

Good luck. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Aug 27, 2023 Aug 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aug 28th 2023 V23.6

file > export > media h265 it freezes

if I do the same export via media encoder and watch the video on my phone I can't scroll through the video it freezes.

Pls don't tell me try a different codec, reset pref's etc.

I have done multiple workarounds and I need H265 as advertised.

it used to work fine.  It just stopped and never worked again.

I prefer to export without opening media encoder.  I should be able to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screenname_abc, troubleshooting is about finding where the problem lies...  And then figuring out how to either fix the problem or figure out a workaround.    

Have you tried Smart Rendering?  

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/faq-what-is-smart-rendering/td-p/10648488

There could be a dicey piece of media in your sequence that's causing the problem.. Smart Rendering will help locate the clip if that's the problem...  There are well over 250 posts in this thread and I don't have the time to sift thru them...Might be a good idea to start a new thread and then detail exactly what you've done to solve the problem..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Michael,

I wanted to post in this thread as I'm fairly sure, reading through the last 11 pages, and clicking around for a few days, it's probably related to old posts.

reset prefs and quick export seems to be working.

it'd be good to not have to delete prefs but it's a stop gap for now.  

However, I did want to acknowledge your fast response.

thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

screenname_abc,  If you're on the mac, you might take a look at Digital Rebellions Preference Manager

https://www.digitalrebellion.com/prefman/

It's free, which is nice and it allows you save your preferences, delete them and if that doesn't solve the problem, restore them...  You can also save multiple backups so if  things go south, you can restore an earlier version that you know was working properly.  I used to use it constantly in FCP 7, where corrupt preferences were very common.  in Premiere, not so common at least in my experience.    

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,
Aug 28, 2023 Aug 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I will take a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2023 Nov 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on premiere 24.0.03 (Build 2) and this issue is still prevelant.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2023 Nov 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could only get it fixed by a windows reinstall, once it's corrupt the problem resides in the system someplace. Hopefully not for you but I tried everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2023 Dec 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Experiencing the same issues in the latest version and beta version as of 12/7/2023. 

Really is hampering my workflow. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Dec 24, 2023 Dec 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When can this problem be resolved? It's quite bothersome."

Votes

Translate

Translate