• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Gaussian blur effect locking up effect control panel

New Here ,
Feb 28, 2024 Feb 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing two issues that are intertwined related to the Gaussian Blur effect with a tracking mask.

I have a rectangular mask on a gaussian blur effect. As I click "Track selected mask forward 1 frame," it slowly tracks: the buttons grey out, then the frame advances and the mask has (hopefully) moved to track the object (not always, but that's a problem for another day). After some nondeterministic number of clicks of the button (could be 1, could be 10), the track forward/backward buttons grey out as normal, but then nothing happens. The frame doesn't advance, the new keyframe isn't added, and the buttons are no longer clickable. Like so:

Screenshot 2024-02-28 at 12.56.27 PM.png

It gets weirder. If I click elsewhere on the timeline, so that the current clip is no longer selected, the Effect Controls panel retains its state from the clip I was working on. Even if I click on another clip, it's still showing me the same Effect Controls panel view from the previous clip that was selected. In order to restore full Effect Controls panel functionality, and to reset the frozen state of the mask tracking, I have to close the Effect Controls panel and then re-open it, at which point everything behaves as normal. This is fully repeatable on multiple clips. The clips have a Lumetri Color filter on them, and the blur is in the effects list below that filter. Not sure if that's relevant?

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Effects , Performance or Stability

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
2 Comments
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, to be more accurate, it looks like the Effect Controls panel DOES change slightly when I click off of the frozen clip. See these two screenshots showing what changes:

clip_selected.pngclip_deselected.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One clip it just refuses to track a frame in either direction. Clip info:

File Size: 131.95 MB
Image Size: 3840 x 2160