Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

GPU Sniffer closes immediately

New Here ,
Apr 11, 2023 Apr 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
I've been trying to get Premiere to accept my graphics card for GPU acceleration and have gone through many troubleshooting guides to no avail. I'm currently trying to run GPUSniffer but when I open it, a command prompt window opens up for a split second and then immediately closes. Does anyone know how to fix this?
Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Computer configuration , Graphics , Performance or Stability

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
2 Comments
LEGEND ,
Apr 12, 2023 Apr 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What's your OS/GPU?

Premiere will use only those GPUs it recognizes, and then ... it only uses them for specific things. It does NOT use the GPU for basic playback for most media.

So ... also needed ... what effects are you trying to get GPU accelerated?

There's two separate types of hardware/software acceleration, by the way, unrelated to each other. And that is very confusing!

The first is general effects like Lumetri, Warp et al. Those are found on the "GPU Accelerated Effects List". And in the Effects window, GPU-accelerated effects have a little lego block under the GPU logo/icon thingy at the top of the panel.

The second ... which appears in the Export Summary box, is only about H.264/5 encoding/decoding. And that is dependent on a few different things, like whether the CPU has built-in capabilities for H.264 encoding (many don't) and/or whether the GPU can pass through this to the GPU if the GPU has the capability. Again, many GPUs don't.

So ... this one is also totally dependent on the hardware you have.

So ... we need your exact CPU and GPU and whether it's effects use or H.264 encoding that you're trying to change.

Neil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Apr 13, 2023 Apr 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi. GPUSniffer is a console application. You need to run it from a terminal window.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate