• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Green and Purple glitch

Community Beginner ,
Mar 25, 2024 Mar 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I’m having an issue with Hardware Encoding when exporting. The video has some glitches after rendered as you can see in my example here.

I have to use Software Encoding for it to render properly and avoid the glitchy result. I recently formatted thinking it might help, installed everything fresh and still have this issue.

I have read about this green and purple glitches but other than the solution of encoding with Software, I find no other solution. I want to use Hardware because it's so much faster.

To add to this puzzle, my wife has the exact same specs I do, and she has no issues at all.

My specs are:

MB: MSI z97 Gaming 5

CPU: i7-4790K

GPU: Nvidia GTX 970

RAM: 16GB

Windows 10 22H2

I have the most recent Nvidia driver, and everything updated as far as I know.

Thanks in advance.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
5 Comments
LEGEND ,
Mar 25, 2024 Mar 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That does look like GPU driver issues.

Which specific Nvidia driver do you have for that card? I'm presuming you know to use only the Studio drivers, never the game-ready ones.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Mar 26, 2024 Mar 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Neil, thanks for your input. My video card only has Game Ready drivers, I would be inclined to think that this is the issue, and I have read your warning in other posts, but my wife's computer has the same exact card and driver and has no issues.

I tried looking for the studio drivers, as you suggest, and Nvidia doesn't have studio drivers for this card.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is an old, old card. I stopped using the 900 series what ... five years ago, now, I think.

@RjL190365 could of course give the data and verse details of the issues with outdated GPU cards. They have this knowledge down cold.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your graphics card might be failing, especially its onboard VRAM. That GTX 970 is, like, nine years old already, and is on the cusp of becoming depreciated to "legacy" support status by Nvidia itself. This depreciation may come in a matter of weeks, if not days.

And hardware makers are under no obligation at all whatsoever to fix a card beyond its base warranty period.

Your best solution is a new graphics card. However, if you're planning to continue to use that 10-year-old CPU for a while longer, then don't waste your money on anything higher than a 60-performance-level GPU such as an RTX 4060 since that 10-year-old quad-core CPU will then become a severe bottleneck to anything higher.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you both Neil and Rjl, I'm still confused by the fact that the other computer runs with everything as this one, it's literally a clone, same OS and all. However, I can't argue that the computers are old, and while it doesn't convince me that this is the real issue (otherwise both computers would exhibit the same problem), I suppose the closest answer would be that because my computer is old, then the Graphics Card is "worned out"? Sounds silly, but this is what it seems to indicate.

Just for good measure, I will swap the Graphics Cards and do some testing. If it's my card, then my wife's computer should give the problem and mine shouldn't. If not, then the case is still unresolved to my satisfaction.

I'll report back when I do these tests!

Votes

Translate

Translate