• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Headphones stopped working - sample rate issue bug

Community Beginner ,
Sep 13, 2023 Sep 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I can't seem to use my usual headphones in the new Adobe Premiere beta version - I'm using Sony WH-1000XM4 but Premiere is telling me they don't support the current sample rate (48000) but as in the attached screenshot there is no option to lower or otherwise change the sample rate in preferences. I'm running a Mac Studio with M1 Ultra, macOS Ventura 13.5.2 - running Premiere 24.1.0 beta build 17.

Thanks for your help, loving the updates otherwise!

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Performance or Stability , Sound

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 13, 2023 Sep 13, 2023

Do you have "Attempt to force hardware to document sample rate" turned on?  If you do, turn it off.  

Also, set the default input to "No Input". You are using two different devices for input and output, and they might not both support the desired sample rate.  Turning off the input will allow Premiere to ignore it if that is the case, allowing you to play back.

Votes

Translate

Translate
5 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2023 Sep 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have "Attempt to force hardware to document sample rate" turned on?  If you do, turn it off.  

Also, set the default input to "No Input". You are using two different devices for input and output, and they might not both support the desired sample rate.  Turning off the input will allow Premiere to ignore it if that is the case, allowing you to play back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Sep 14, 2023 Sep 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks mstegner - this worked, much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which worked?  Force Sample Rate or No Input?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

'No Input' did the trick. I did have 'Force Sample Rate' on but turning it off didn't help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok, thank you for the follow up.  That most likely means that the input device did not support a sample rate of 48k.  You can verify this by looking at the "Audio MIDI setup.app" in Mac OS and seeing what sample rate it supports.

Votes

Translate

Translate