• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Interface slows down over time and some functions disappear

Explorer ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I'm editing, the interface gets increasingly slower over time. After two or more hours it gets so slow that I sometimes drag panels or clips inadvertently because the software doesn't register that I clicked elsewhere quickly enough. Also scrolling through clips in the timeline (by moving the playhead around with the mouse) gets very choppy. Playing back the timeline is not affected. It's all smooth when I've just launched Premiere. I need to restart the software every 1 to 2 hours te be able to work smoothly.

Sometimes in the Source panel I'm unable to start and stop play by using the space bar or setting in- and out-points by pressing i and o. It still works when I use the buttons in the panel. That happens less frequently, but is always remedied bij restarting the software.

I'm on a Mac Studio M1 Ultra (Ventura 13.2.1) and working with Premiere Pro 23.1.0 (Build 86).

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Editing and playback , Performance or Stability , User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
6 Comments
Community Expert ,
May 03, 2023 May 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Have you tried resetting Premiere perferences?

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 04, 2023 May 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, I'll give it a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 04, 2023 May 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately that didn't help...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's bad.

Does it happen with any sequence you create? Or any project?

Have you tried creating a new project?

Adobe Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 19, 2023 May 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marek,

I work with old projects, recent projects and newly created projects and Premiere's behaviour is always the same: gradually the interface gets slower and slower until after about two hours I decide to restart the software. There is no apparent difference between sequences. Playback is not affected and I don't think rendering (like a Stabilizer) is affected.

It also doesn't make a difference whether I work from my NAS, from a fast RAID disk or from a slower USB drive. When I first start the application everything runs smoothly, but it always gradually gets slower and slower.

I'm starting to wonder if it is some kind of memory issue specific for Premiere on the Mac Studio (M1 Ultra)? I upgraded to Premiere 23.4 a while ago but kept getting messages that there was not sufficient memory available for the application (or some such message, I don't exactly remember). So I'm still on Premiere 23.1 (Ventura has been updated to 13.3.1 (a) by the way).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I know this isn't the solution you wauld want but have you tried to install Premiere 22 version and see how it runs?

Adobe Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate