• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Just installed premiere pro, it does not respond

Community Beginner ,
Nov 19, 2023 Nov 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got a new laptop and installed premiere pro. I tried all versions of premiere down to 23.2 but none of them will run on my device, here are my system details:

- Lenovo legion 5 pro

- intel core i7 127000H

- 32 gb ram

- nvidia geforce RTX 3070 ti

- 600 gb available space on ssd

I also tried installing the latest studio driver from nvidia, and the latest intel graphics driver. I was able to install the intel driver from the intel website, but when I open lenovo vantage, it tells me I still need to download it so hopefully that is just an issue with vantage. In premiere, I tried converting an old project to the newer version of premiere. I can provide more details about the intel driver if it's important. I was working on this project on a different laptop in june with I'm pretty sure was the latest version of premiere at the time, so the project isn't very old. I also tried importing project assets into a new project and premiere still crashes. Actually, premere flashes and stutters as soon as I open it sometimes. So my project might not be the issue at all. This is very disheartening because I bought this laptop for video editing.... please help. I attached a video of what it looks like on my end when I open premiere. Other times, it opens fine. But as soon as I start importing clips or doing anything the screen goes grey ans says it's not responding.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Graphics , How to , Performance or Stability

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
4 Comments
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure how to edit my post. I forgot to mention I'm using windows 11

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can try reinstalling again. I'd go with 24.0, Check out the Adobe Cleaner with the link below.

Run the Adobe Cleaner after you uninstall the programs and before you re-install them:
Also, reboot your computer between steps even if you are not asked to...

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion, I tried these steps already though. I actually had someone from adobe control my computer remotely, and I watched him do it. He spent 3 hours on my machine trying to figure it out to no avail. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Omg I just figured it out. I downloaded premiere pro 2022 (I got the download link from adobe customer support agent since I couldn't find it) but we were not able to open it because of the error: "the code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP110.dll was not found. reinstalling the program may fix this problem" I spent awhile troubleshooting this, most people recommend installing the latest microsoft visual C++ redist, but that didn't work for me. The agent even repaired all related installations but still nope. Then I tried downloading an older version of the C++ redist, and repaired it after downloading, now I can open premiere pro 2022 and my project works just fine in this version. This is the C++ redist that I needed to open premiere 2022: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=30679

Votes

Translate

Translate