• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyboard shortcut for "extract" when timeline in focus

Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The keyboard shortcut for EXTRACT is no longer there when the timeline is in focus.

When the Record Monitor is in focus I can use Backspace.  I am 100% certain I used to use # for extract when in Timeline focus.  Now, even the on-screen EXTRACT icon doesn't show a shortcut when hovvered when timeline is in focus.  I tried backspace, that just does a lift.  This basic and staple editing feature is now missing.

What's happened?

(N.B. When I say FOCUS  I mean that the blue surround to the panel is active.  I hate focus.  The shortcuts should work irrespective of what window is in focus.)

Simon - Yes My Lord Ltd.
Professional Freelance Editor of UK Television Programmes.
And owner of B2B Creative Agency.
Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Editing and playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 Comment
Explorer ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Screenshot 2023-03-14 090434.png

Further investigation reveals that the # isn't even in Premiere's Keyboard Shortcut template anymore.  I use a UK keyboard, with the # next to the ENTER key, £ where your $ is and $ where your # is.  As you can see in the picture, the only option in to have the keyboard set to en, for english I presume.  Preimere does not offer a UK or US option.

So, the updated question is, "How do I get Premiere to know I'm using a UK keyboard and how do you show the UK keyboard template?"

Simon - Yes My Lord Ltd.
Professional Freelance Editor of UK Television Programmes.
And owner of B2B Creative Agency.

Votes

Translate

Translate