• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Keyboard Shortcuts not working correctly in 23.5.0

Engaged ,
Jun 22, 2023 Jun 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Few things to editors are more precious than their own preferred keyboard shortcut setup. Or at least it's that way to me. I have Cmd+ and Cmd- as my timeline zoom in and zoom out. It's a holdover from my final cut 7 days, and I use it constantly and it's just second nature at this point. However now, even though my keyboard shortcut is set how I want it, the default action of increasing the size of the video tracks is what occurs. 

I saw Kevin Moynihan's post about Premiere being aware of this action, however his workaround of loading the default keyboard shortcuts, restarting, and then loading my custom presets does not work - EXCEPT for the first time I click on the timeline and do it. If I click away from the timeline window, and then go back, the default action of increasing the track size returns. 

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Editing and playback , User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
3 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you provide a link to Kevin's post?

In my test, I can only get this to work if I delete the default track size shortcuts.

But my shortcuts are sticking; they are not removed when restarting PR.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-bugs/keyboard-shortcuts-are-lost-and-not-retained-in-23-...

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, hi, here is the link:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-discussions/premiere-pro-community-digest-may-2023/m-p/1...

I found a fix – if I actually reset the keyboard mapping and then re-saved my shortcut preferences file, now it holds and works as it should. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks! Glad you found a way to get it to work.

Stan

Votes

Translate

Translate