• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Link Media issues: Videos unexpectedly unlink, insists files are audio

LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Videos offline, need to be linked/located though the project or files have not changed. Link Media will not link to videos saying they are audio files. Tried dumping all caches, renaming clips folder, reinstalling -- all no-go. Does not matter if MP4 or MOV.

This just cropped up for me. I am going nuts with all the problems that are costing me time and sweat. This Link Media failure is unacceptable, along with the audio issues (tracks not playing, inconsistent playback, need to solo/unsolo and move audio tracks); the Replace Footage failures...

Adobe, this is nuts.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , 9 hours ago 9 hours ago

Hello @FeedbackCommunityMember ,

Thanks for the message. It’s been a long while since you filed this bug. I am sorry for the lack of a response. Are you still having this issue? If so, the team will need more info from you to reproduce the bug. Can you provide the information required here? How do I write a bug report?

I'll move your post to the Discussions board while we await your information.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens when you open an existing project.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been happening to me as well for weeks. Look at how many people are having this issue in the help forums: https://forums.adobe.com/message/10430718#10430718

Please fix ASAP, this has cost me hours of wasted time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem since monday june 11. Please solve this problem soon!!

https://forums.adobe.com/message/10440552#10440552

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would add that when media goes offline (hard drive gets accidentally disconnected and quickly reconnected), would like to have the ability to tell it to look again. We shouldnt have to reconnect if really adobe just needs to, Look Again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PLEASE PLEASE sort this issue! ASAP!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm surprised there aren't more people having issues with this. Please Adobe, sort this issue out as soon as possible.

When re-importing the same clips, it appears to be random in the clips which are rejected / just seen as audio, as it isn't always the same clips.

This happens mostly with .mp4 files (Sony A7sii), but also happens with AVCHD (Sony FS700) on occasion.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Been happening to me as well on a Mac Pro. Use the project Monday, open it on Wednesday and most files are offline. Relink A/V files and appear as audio only.
To resolve: I moved the file to the Desktop then moved it back into original folder. Relink and it seemed to work. Looks like a permissions thing. Not sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Version 12.1.2 update - this issue appears to have been fixed in the new version released today. Very grateful if it turns out to be completely fixed - lifesaver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: This issue has returned, still in version 12.1.2! Please look into this Adobe, thanks for the fixes but there are still bugs and this is a painful one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
9 hours ago 9 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @FeedbackCommunityMember ,

Thanks for the message. It’s been a long while since you filed this bug. I am sorry for the lack of a response. Are you still having this issue? If so, the team will need more info from you to reproduce the bug. Can you provide the information required here? How do I write a bug report?

I'll move your post to the Discussions board while we await your information.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines