• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Linking LUTs by name rather than by position on LUTs list

LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work with a couple of LUTs and use a home and work computer. I have the same LUTs I need on both computers but I have more LUTs on my home computer. The problem is I will use a LUT at work and even though I have the same LUT at home when I open the project at home it applies a different LUT to the shots I have already colored. For example, lets say I have a LUT named "Color" and it is the first LUT listed in my lumetri list. When I open the project at home Lumetri will apply the LUT that is first on the list regardless if it is "Color" or not. So I have to go back in and reapply the correct LUT to each shot.

What I am suggesting is that Lumetri tries to locate the exact name and apply said LUT rather than going on position. Obviously if the same name does not exist, it should have a default.
Idea Started
TOPICS
Color

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Hello @FeedbackCommunityMember and @jchichignoud,

I see. I do understand the issue better. I agree with this. This is more of a feature request. I believe the issue is logged and the team is looking for a solution. Moving to ideas.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
7 Comments
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LUTs can now be placed in (for mac) ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Common/LUTs/Creative (or Technical) for input LUTs. In this manner these LUTs (similar to browsing) will be embedded into the project for that clip.

Placing new LUTs in the Common folder fixes most of the issue moving forward. However, the list in the Common folder still changes the index number of the Adobe installed LUTs, which will still be an issue when using Adobe installed LUTs. Also older projects migrated from previous versions may have used an indexed LUT which is no longer available in the current Premiere which requires a re-color of those projects – nightmare for the archive.

If the current software is simply changed from an index number for those Adobe installed LUTs to a name it'll solve the issues going backwards and forward.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I work with a team of 5 other editors and we're constantly sharing projects across systems. I've created and purchased several custom LUTs and installed them correctly/consistently on all of our edit systems. Anytime we open a project on a different system, the LUT is disabled. This is very annoying and time-consuming to go through the individual clips and re-apply all LUTs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your LUTs wrongly installed in the app package. NO! Please install them according to Adobe documentation to start.

https://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/using/color-workflows.html#InstallCustomLUTfiles

Please don't follow install instructions from a five year old internet article. Installation instructions have changed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right. Older pre 12.1.2 projects or later projects that had LUTs wrongly installed in the app package probably should NOT be updated. You definitely have to take into account that you installed those LUTs wrongly in previous versions - it was the community that lead you down the wrong road.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@kevin Monahan. This isn't the issue. With the LUTs correctly installed, they still get selected based on position in the list.

I wrote this on the issue last year: https://julien.chichignoud.com/how-to-avoid-lut-headaches-in-premiere

TL;DR: The only workaround is to name your added LUTs in a way that make them show up at the bottom of the list (I preprend "zz_" to the name, personally).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Absolutely!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @FeedbackCommunityMember and @jchichignoud,

I see. I do understand the issue better. I agree with this. This is more of a feature request. I believe the issue is logged and the team is looking for a solution. Moving to ideas.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate