• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

MAD, Premiere Pro after update is totally broken for me

Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2023 Jun 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two or three days ago all was well. Yesterday I got a notice saying my Adobe apps were successfully updated. Hogwash. Premiere Pro is a mess. I have gotten 15-30 minutes into an edit and had panes vanish, the video and audio timelines dissapear, and more just random crap. Sometimes things went back to normal if I opened a menu.  Once they all came back when I quit.  Going to try uninstall and reinstall but am not happy with that.  This is happening way too often, a few months ago while travelling I had to uninstall and reinstall with a Hotel shared WiFi.

Where is the setting to stop updating not just for Premiere but all my apps?

Thank you

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Performance or Stability , User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 Comment
Explorer ,
Jun 28, 2023 Jun 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

After another hour of unistall and reinstall I have version 23.0 working. I tried going back a few updates and all had the same problems.  I noticed that ver 23.5 and below were using 34% of my CPU when I was not doing anything.  The problem was that the screen updates seemed to never complete. Sometimes opening a menu go a screen update but then any action was non-resposive. I had no other apps or programs running and couldn't see why Premiere was working so hard at nothing I wanted. But it seems to be repeatable for me.  One very GOOD thing is that I found if you install an older version the side effect is to stop all further auto updates!!!  YAAAHOOO.  I used the Creative Cloud app and the Apps/All Apps then selected the three dot icon to the right of the App and selected Other Versions. So now tem minutes for lunch and finally starting my day of editing.

Votes

Translate

Translate