• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Maddening Issue with Source/Number pad navigation

Explorer ,
Apr 22, 2023 Apr 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all. Have a really strange thing that just popped up on my normally super stable workstation. 

I open a sequence as a source, then source in the timeline, setting up for a pancake edit. I use this day in day out. I have transcripts in front of me and i just am punching in numbers on the numeric keypad, setting ins and outs, and making inserts. Barely ever look up from the paper.

Today however, I'm typing on the numeric, I get nothing. I switch back to my program, and then back to the source and all of a sudden, it works, and the time indicator goes to where I need. I make my in and out, i do my insert. Now, when I go to move on to the next position, the numeric keypad is no longer doing anything. NOTE: this is not a physical issue, the numbers are showing up in the playhead position timer, then they just go away. I have to switch BACK to the program monitor and then switch back to the source timeline to do it again. It works properly for exactly one edit. I've included a video at this dropbox link. 

Started in 23.2, upgraded to 23.3 after I was out of ideas, I've restarted, I reset prefs, all of it. 

Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 19044) (19041.vb_release.191206-1406)
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz (12 CPUs), ~3.7GHz
GTX1080ti 8gb

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2ngdbwv6feuk2ey/Video%20Apr%2022%202023%2C%2011%2058%2027%20PM.mov?dl=0

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?