• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

modifier keys different in mac

Explorer ,
Nov 28, 2022 Nov 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It used to be, to save project on a mac you would select command + s.  I recently got a new computer and now the modifier key changed to control s.

I could definitely get used to this as I often use a windows computer at home; however, after effects still uses command s, not control s, so now I have different modifier keys depending on the application.

premiere

prem.jpg

after effects

ae.jpg

Did I do something stupid to change this (or is Adobe just stupid)

TOPICS
Error or problem , User interface or workspaces

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Mar 25, 2024 Mar 25, 2024

Hello @mikec92163573,

Thanks for the message. It’s been a long time since you filed this bug. I apologize for the lack of a response. Are you still having this issue? The team will need more info from you to reproduce the bug. Can you provide the information required here? How do I write a bug report?

I'll move your post to the Discussions board while we await your information.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, Mike,

Does this article help? https://www.macinstruct.com/tutorials/how-to-switch-the-control-and-command-keys/ Let me know.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I dont think this will help as this is a system wide change and, as I said, After effects is using command and premiere is using control.  I would need to change this in premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Mike,

I was thinking that you may have changed the System Preferences by accident. Sorry. If that is not the case, can you try reinstalling Premiere Pro? 

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am pretty sure this is a premiere problem.  We have 2 new computers that I have installed premiere on and both have the modifier key as control...in both v2022 and v 2023

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screen Shot 2022-11-28 at 11.01.47 AM.pngOK, sorry. This is the first I've seen of this. Are you on macOS Ventura? Are you on an ARM Mac? Let me know the details.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Sorry, I cannot reproduce the bug on my ARM Mac running macOS Ventura and Premiere Pro 23.0. Is this a single-user Creative Cloud installation, or did your IT department install the application (if applicable)?

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running Monterey 12.4

I installed myself (on 2 different computers) 

Screen Shot 2022-11-29 at 8.58.06 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 29, 2022 Nov 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the additional info. 

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any news on this?

I now find I have to pause every time I save a file in any program to think about which modifier key I need to use.  Super annoying. 

Adobe products should use the default modifier for whichever OS it is running on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 08, 2022 Dec 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry. No news yet, Mike. I can't reproduce the issue. I don't see anyone else in the community experiencing the same problem, which is also troublesome. Have you installed many other programs in addition to Creative Cloud? Do you have VMWare installed or anything like that? 

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 09, 2022 Dec 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin,

Are you able to try on the same macpro/os version I am using?  We ordered two of these, and both have this same issue, while all other computers in our facility do not have the issue 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 25, 2024 Mar 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @mikec92163573,

Thanks for the message. It’s been a long time since you filed this bug. I apologize for the lack of a response. Are you still having this issue? The team will need more info from you to reproduce the bug. Can you provide the information required here? How do I write a bug report?

I'll move your post to the Discussions board while we await your information.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines