• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

.MOV files from Lumix GH6 do not show video in Premiere Pro 23.1 or 23.2

New Here ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue: Upon importing a .MOV file with supported codecs into Premiere Pro 23.1 or later, the video file is only recognized as an audio file.

I work on Adobe Premiere Pro for work and my .MOV files from Lumix GH6 do not show video in Premiere Pro 23.1 or 23.2. This issue seems to only occur on my M1 Macbook pro from 2021. I own the exact same machine for my personal use and the issue does not occur.

However, I've spoken in depth with two seperate Adobe customer service reps and haev gotten nowhere. The first time the case was closed in hopes that the 23.2 build would solve the problem, then it didn't so I reached out again only to assisted by a new rep who also could not figure out the issue, and his only suggestion is to reinstall the OS on my laptop, which is something I cannot do.

This is pretty frustrating as I know this is a strange issue, but I don't appreciate the lack of assistance. I'm curious if literally anyone else is experiencing this issue?? Please help, because Adobe hasn't shown interest.

Thanks

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Editing and playback , Import and ingest

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
2 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Luke285586261u24,

We're sorry about the poor experience. We will get it checked. Just to confirm, are the .mov files getting imported only as audio in the Project panel (you can verify that by checking the Properties panel for the imported media) or are the files imported properly in the Project panel but showing only the audio part when dragged to a timeline?

Thanks,

Sumeet

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Sumeet

It happens the same both ways. If I import the file from the import button in the drop down menu, it appears as audio only, same thing happens if it is imported via being dragged in the assembly panel, or dragged into the timeline directly. Clicking on properties reveals that it's being recognized as .mov, but it only appears as an audio wav file with zero video preview in assembly or in the timeline. Thanks for reaching out.

Luke

Votes

Translate

Translate