Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multicam Flattening leaves gaps

Engaged ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro Version 23.1.0 (Build 86). Windows 10

Doing a two camera multicam edit, simple switching between the two cameras.
When I flatten the multicamera track it leaves 1 frame gaps in the timeline between the two cameras' footage.
I can't find a consistency: ie it doesn't seem to follow a pattern like always happening when switching from CAMA to CAMB, or indeed cuts within the same camera without switching. All three of these occur. The gap does not always happen.

Infuriatingly the sequence-> go to gap -> next in sequence doesn't seem to be working. I don't know if it's not identifying the gaps as such or not.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Editing and playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
2 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2023 Apr 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Mark, 

I experienced the same situation when I was doing a final verification of a sequence sent by another editor. Pls let me ask you a couple of questions. 

I heard this gap occurs mostly because of two reasons. The first is when video sources in the multicam are with different time code settings or different frame rates. The second is when the multicam sequence is created on a certain timecode base and/or frame rate and copied into another sequence which has a different time code base and/or frame rates.

I have checked the multicam soure clips and found all of them have the same time code base and frame rates. Now I am investigating if the another editor created multicam with a time code base and frame rate which are different from the final sequence. 

It will be highly appreciated if you can give any clues that can be a reference to me. 

Best

Heesu Kang

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Apr 18, 2023 Apr 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

In my case there would be no difference between frame rates of the two cameras, or different time code settings.
I'm sorry this doesn't help at all!

Votes

Translate

Translate