Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multicam view in program window bug

Community Beginner ,
Jun 08, 2023 Jun 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there!

I'm attempting to edit short social media clips for my podcast.

For this, I've recorded my footage with two cameras in 1080p 16:9, from which I isolate two angles in each shot. Thus, I've got four 9:16 shots of each host.

As far as I'm aware, I've correctly created my multicam sequence clip.

However, a strange error occurs when I try to edit with the clip on a new timeline.

I drag the multicam clip onto my timeline and enable the multicam view in my Program Monitor window. Initially, I see the four shots on the left and my currently selected angle to the right, just as it should be. But as soon as I make a cut, the four preview angles disappear, and the selected camera centers in my Program Monitor window.

I can only bring them back by disabling and re-enabling the track on which the multicam clip is placed. It then plays without any issues, but whenever I make a cut—either by clicking on an angle or using the keyboard shortcut to cut to a camera—all the angles disappear again and I'm left with only the program preview of the selected camera. The strangest thing is that the info overlay of the camera angles remains on screen.

I believe this is a bug and I've tried almost every toggle I could think of, from changing the render engine to creating proxies.

I'm running Premiere Pro v23.4, but I've also tried it on the Premiere Pro Beta v23.6.

I've included screenshots of the various stages of my problem to make it a little clearer.

My computer specs are:

MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019) running macOS Monterey 12.6.2

Processor: 2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

Memory: 64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

GPU: AMD Radeon Pro 5600M 8 GB

Intel UHD Graphics 630 1536 MB

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Editing and playback , User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
11 Comments
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Question : You have 1080p . but can i ask what codec and wrapper?  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Neckebba 

H.264 4:2:0 in .mp4 wrapper

Votes

Translate

Translate

Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you see same behavior if you transcode to Prores:  a full frame codec? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2023 Jun 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks! I've transcoded my footage to quicktime prores 422 .mov and it seems to work now.

It's quite the hassle to have to transcode all my footage, but if this is the only way for it to work properly so be it.

I do still find it very weird it used to work perfectly with my H.264 footage in the past. I make these edits weekly and it just suddenly started glitching on H.264 footage about three weeks ago.

Anyway, thanks for the help, I'm able to finish my edits now without going crazy.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Jul 02, 2023 Jul 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Up voting, same problem here, I reported the bug almost two months ago, but they don't even response:
https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-beta-bugs/multicamera-view-not-showing-camera-angle-sele...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2023 Jul 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upvoting as well. This problem shows in beta 23.6 and release versions 23.5 and 23.4 but not in 23.3. Unfortunately, the lag problem shows in 23.3, choose your lesser evil I suppose. All my footage is proxied so this notion of transcoding your footage before editing is less than ideal, to put it nicely.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2023 Jul 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought converting the footage to a full frame codec fixed the problem and it did.. for one project.. but when I tried it again for another episode it started showing the same glitch, regardless what codec the footage is in.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 22, 2023 Jul 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downgrading back to 23.3 fixed this for me.. It's a stupid solution, but one that works until Adobe fixes it in the newer builds.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2023 Jul 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Upvoting, although it shouldn't really need upvoting, this is recently broken functionality. Pro-res proxies don't work, not sure if the suggested workaround is to transcode the originals but that's not really a realistic option for me on larger projects. Good to know reverting back to an old version does the trick, hopefully they fix this bug quickly though!

This is happening for me on both mac and Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Aug 23, 2023 Aug 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem should be fixed for you if you can upgrade to the Pr 23.6 release. Please let us know how that works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Engaged ,
Aug 23, 2023 Aug 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

UPDATE: Problem Fix in 23.6

I just finish a 1-hour long project in multicam with any problem at all. The bugs seems to be completly gone, my edition was smooth. Actually now it run much better the video, sometimes with not even a dropped frames. 

Thanks Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate