• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

My mouse disappears in Premiere CC

Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2014 Jan 06, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My mouse cursor keeps dissappearing as I work in premiere cc. It isnt the mouse as I tried several. I have to restart the project every few minutes. It seems to get worse with time. I am doing closed captioning so maybe that is part of it.

Anyone else have this issue?

Bug Unresolved

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 204 Replies 204
204 Comments
LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2023 Jan 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it happened to me mid project it was fine but i started working with my keyframe markers in the sound section of the time line and it disappeared.. its still there as it highlights items on the screen but i cant see it. the mouse is working fine in illustrator and other progrograms

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep - mouse disappears all the time in Premiere... needs a fix - sick of closing down and opening again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's happening to me every time I try to add captions. I just rebooted my system, and it happened immediately after I started adjusting the caption in my timeline. Windows 10 Pro v1803, Premiere Pro 13.1. Intel Core i7, 16 GB RAM.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My mouse pointer disappears randomly. I can't find a rhyme or reason as to why. Just for fun, I suppose.

Windows 10 Pro Version 1809 OS Build 17763.503
Premiere Pro 13.1 Magician
Logitech M500 Corded Mouse
Microsoft HID Compliant Mouse Driver

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using two screens, one for Premiere and one for other windows (File Explorer etc).
Every so often, my cursor will vanish when I mouse over the active Premiere window. If I move the cursor to the other screen it works normally. If I swap screens, move Premiere to the other screen, the problem persists with Premiere but the cursor comes back on the native Windows parts of the screen.
The only way to get the cursor to display properly over Premiere is to quit the program and re-launch it. (I tried rebooting my computer several times, but it doesn't prevent the problem from reoccurring again at some seemingly random time in the future).
Win 10 Pro 64-bit
Version 1903
OS Build 18362.418
NVIDIA Quadro K4000 Driver 26.21.14.3170 Updated 7/24/2019

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, this bug just started happening to me as well while I was subtitling a video. I think it's because I just started using a custom workspace, but I still haven't found a fix. I am also using two monitors as some of the other users who have reported this bug are pointing out. Hopefully this finally gets fixed soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And also when i go into essential graphics. Very frustrating

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I only began experiencing this problem after updating to Premiere CC 2019. There are many searches on this topic online and five votes right here. Why hasn't Adobe responded to this thread?

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here! Very frustrated! Have to close and restart premiere Pro 2019 everytime it happens!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, same here. It happens when I close a Project, when I change my workspace layout, and some other random times. SUPER annoying and time wasting! It was happening before the 2019 update as well, but it has become RIDICULOUSLY frequent, on top of some other really obnoxious bugs and oh so much crashing! JOY!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue here. Nothing special happened before this bug started taking place. Every single time I switch workspaces, the mouse cursor disappears.

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. Last time it happened was after I closed the Libraries panel. Very annoying!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still happening

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. Interestingly this only happens since a few days and I haven't updated Premiere inbetween the "not happening" and "suddenly happening everytime I close a project in Premiere".

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why do we have to VOTE on you fixing a BUG? How about you just fix it! The amount of time wasted closing and opening Premiere numerous times every day is beyond ridiculous! It happens every single time I close a project intending to open a different one or start a new one, and has done so consistently for MONTHS now. Just now it happened after simply closing a Panel. GRRRRR!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still happening

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One of my student just told me that in the Pirate version it doesn't happens! WTF !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just experienced this myself in the very latest version of Premiere - over 3 years since the bug was first reported.

Absolutely p!ss poor. Is there nobody left these days that can do their f*cking job properly?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still happening here

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still happening here too. I tried using a different mouse, updating video driver but no luck

Votes

Translate

Translate

LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still happening here... I've been told everything from, it's a corrupted layout (resetting to the saved doesn't help), to a driver issue. Adobe - what gives? (I voted for this same issue on a different thread over a YEAR AGO!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still happening to me. Horrible and unbelievable

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue is still happening in 2020 release. Still have to close program and open again to fix.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Me too! Just upgraded to Win10 and CC, and was working away in Premiere when ZAP! No Cursor! Seriously, Adobe. I was finally forced to give up my beloved CS6 apps that were all paid for, to move to your money-grubbing cloud model. Now this. Yuck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when you plug-out and then plug-in again your mouse USB cable, your cursor should reappear.

Votes

Translate

Translate