• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Mysterious Segment Blackouts and Missing Transcription and Caption Segments

Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2023 May 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the latest upgrade (MacOS 13.3.1 (a)) (Premiere Pro 23.4.0 (build 56)), I have had two problems.

The first is that some segments in my timeline go black. I am unsure what triggers this, but when working on one segment, I go back a few segments to play and review how it's all pieced together; some segments have gone black. To get them back, I click the eye icon to toggle visibility off and on until they reappear. 

The worst, however, is that whole video tracks with all their sequences go black when exporting. This situation caused some embarrassment as I previously trusted PP to "just work," I uploaded some work to Frame.io only to have clients complain about blacked-out segments. However, I have learned to recognize when this happens, as the export preview goes black when I click the export button. Seeing this allows me to cancel, fix and reexport at least.

The second issue is that changes to transcription are a total failure. I work with two tracks of video and two tracks of audio. The new transcription ignores the second audio track. The live editing doesn't work at all (as in on too many levels to describe here). I have worked around it by copying and pasting segments, creating new transcripts and captions for missing parts, then copying and pasting back. Honestly, I am limping by trying to get my work done, so I am not entirely sure of the steps I take to make things work.

So I have gone from totally trusting Premiere to "just work" to constantly having my workflow borked and interrupted.

I plan to roll back versions because I can't find any posts from others with these issues, but I wanted to speak up first.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Editing and playback , Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
2 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, always a good idea to tell us your system specs: OS version, Premiere version, amount of RAM, Hardware specs including graphics card.  Updates often put greater demands on your system so a marginal computer may suddenly present new issues after an update. 

Second, resetting preferences and caches is often a good idea after an update.   

And finally, a clean install is often a solution to problems after an update 

https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-cleaner-tool-installation-problems.html

Please approach this in a systematic fashion answering questions and telling us if anything helps...  And rolling back to the previous version is probably the fastest, quickest way to get back to work...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All your suggestions can be followed, but I think Addobe should care when a customer using a program reliably suddenly can't. You can blame it on my marginal computer, but forking out money for a new one just isn't possible for many of your customers. I'll be turning off auto-updates as an aside. Meanwhile here is a screenshot showing how everything outside the segment I was working on suddenly disappeared.

Bullcrunch_0-1684598978151.png

Votes

Translate

Translate