• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

no audio from center channel in 5.1 sequence in premiere v23.1

Engaged ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• Issue - center channel audio is not playing for a 5.1 sequence in version 23.1
  • Adobe Premiere Pro version number: 23.1
  • Operating system - mac osx 12.3.1
  • System Info: CPU, GPU, RAM, HD:
    • M1 ultra

• 64gb gpu

• 64gb ram

• 2tb intenal

• Video format: irrlevant
  • Steps to reproduce - create a 5.1 sequence, use the audio panner to push the puck for a track 1 into the center channel.
  • Expected result - to hear the center channel audio on a supported speaker setup and to see the center channel populated and changing colour in the audio monitors
  • Actual result -  no sound in that channel during playback and no visual indication at all on the audio monitors
Bug Unresolved

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
6 Comments
Engaged ,
Dec 12, 2022 Dec 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there is a bug with premiere 23.1 which means audio pushed into the center channel with the puck does not play at all. 

I rolled back to 23 and it works as expected, HOWEVER, only when I export from premiere directly does the exported 5.1 file play the center channel audio. When I export using media encoder 23.1 the resulting 5.1 mp3 file does not play the center channel audio. 

When I rollback adobe media encoder to 22.6.3 I have no export to media encoder button (as the 23 version of premiere doesn't match the 22 version of AME)

When I roll back to premiere 22.6.3 and AME 22.6.3 then it works as expected.

I'm basically stuck on this version now until adobe fix this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Dec 14, 2022 Dec 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also experiencing this same issue today. Projects I have previously created in 5.1 will no longer allow me to monitor or export channels 3 or 4, the center or LFE. The Audio Track meters still show levels during playback.

I moved the project to a different computer which had not updated to Premiere 23.1, and it worked as it should on the older version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2023 Jan 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having the same issue.  I started this thread on it and have been working with one of the community experts: https://community.adobe.com/t5/premiere-pro-bugs/5-1-mixing-center-channel-broken-with-new-update/id...

Please respond to that thread so they can see it's not just me.  Also, LFE is not working either.  What about you guys?

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Jan 10, 2023 Jan 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also having this issue. Opened an old project where the center channel from a track with center percentage set to 100% does not go to the mix. When I originally created this project in 23 it functioned normally.

The work around I used was I created a new MONO track and dragged the audio intended for center channel into that track. It then mapped to the center mix normally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Guys,

Is there any news from Adobe about when this will be fixed?

I found a workaround (which is opening the Pr project in Au and exporting 5.1 from there...then to reimport in Pr and export) but it takes forever and if there are any changes the whole double export starts all over

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi All,

Matt from the Adobe Audio team here.

Thanks for reporting this.  It is a bug that is already fixed in the Beta, and should be fixed in the net version of Premiere.

Votes

Translate

Translate