• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

NO EDITING - Just troubleshooting. User beware Premiere not capable of longform

Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2023 Aug 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have combed this community and don't understand how anybody can consider this software a realistic professional option. I have a feature length documentary that I have taken over ( I am nearly 3 months in) and as I have posted here previously I am spending more time trouble shooting than editing. I am speding more time working around bugs like switching my workspaces so my buttons work again than editing. Each click on my timeline illicits a spinning wheel at the moment. I have tossed the cache, rendered, re rendered, reset the software, installed a previous version, then tried the new version again.

I sincerily suggest that the software developers attempt to edit a large project (not in a sterile environment) but a real life project with multiple sources and cameras ...the real mess that happens in real life scenarios

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Editing and playback , Performance or Stability , User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
1 Comment
LEGEND ,
Aug 31, 2023 Aug 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is something that comes up continually. Some users have total messes with larger projects. Complete nightmares at times.

Yet other users do large long-form projects without troubles. So ... can it be done? Yes.

For example ... the last 3-4 years, the majority ... that is, over 50% ... of the long-form entrants have cut their project in Premiere. Deadpool was the first real full-length fiction feature cut in PrPro, but several others have been since. So it can be done.

But ... guaranteed for everyone?  Um ... that is the problem.

First, is this all in a single, old-style stand alone project? If so, that's probably 80% of your problem right there.

This sort of thing, and episodic workflows, really should be done within Premiere's Production mode.

Here's the documentation they've got on Productions ... which is a lot better than about any other documentation Adobe has put out. And some of the first chapter or two cover general workflow issues that cause problems for anyone. Check those out. Easy quick reads, and you will probably find some of your methods are leading to troubles in the project. We all have learned that bit.

Neil

Premiere Pro Productions Introduction

Using Productions in Premiere Pro

Adobe Long-form and Episodic Best Practices Guide 

Jarle’s blog expansion of the pdf Multicam section: Premiere Pro Multicam

Votes

Translate

Translate