Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Overlapping Marker in Adobe 2023 vs 2018

Community Beginner ,
Jun 09, 2023 Jun 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Does anyone know how to insert overlapping markers in Adobe Premier Pro 2023? Currently I am using Adobe Premier Pro 2018 and I am able to insert overlapping markers within the same clip but in Adobe Premier Pro 2023 version 23.4.0 it does not work.

Is there any other way to do this in version 23.4.0. I need to upgrade my Premier this function is crucial from my workflow.

1) Overlapping markers in Adobe Premier Pro 2018 

- able to insert two markers within the same clip.

- image below shows the 1st marker (green) extended and the 2nd marker (coral green) inserted on top of the 1st marker. 

2018 markers.JPG

2) Overlapping marker in Adobe Premier Pro 2023 version 23.4.0

- not able to insert two markers within the same clip.

- image below shows after the 1st marker (green) inserted, I am unable to insert the 2nd marker. It is opening up the same dialog box of the 1st marker.

2023 marker.JPG2023 not overlay marker.JPG

Kindly help on this.

Thanks!

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Interoperability or 3rd party tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jun 09, 2023 Jun 09, 2023

Hello @Chandra30389338vkcy

I saw your message. You are having trouble setting markers that overlap. I tried it out and failed at first, so I could verify your bug. It appears not to work as expected. If I set the markers to overlap, one marker replaces itself with the other, regardless of duration. Not good. I could work around the issue, but it is not ideal.

I work around the issue by first setting them so that they do not overlap, then adjust the timing after so that they do overlap. I am

Votes

Translate

Translate
1 Comment
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 09, 2023 Jun 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Chandra30389338vkcy

I saw your message. You are having trouble setting markers that overlap. I tried it out and failed at first, so I could verify your bug. It appears not to work as expected. If I set the markers to overlap, one marker replaces itself with the other, regardless of duration. Not good. I could work around the issue, but it is not ideal.

I work around the issue by first setting them so that they do not overlap, then adjust the timing after so that they do overlap. I am not a developer, I am support. I hope that they can comment and fix this bug for you ASAP. I certainly will advocate for a fix.

Thanks,
Kevin

Screenshot 2023-06-09 at 3.29.30 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate