• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Playback will not stop.

Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2023 Mar 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Premiere Pro playback will take a very long time to stop playing when I try to pause or stop playback. Sometimes, it will not stop playback until it reaches the end of the timeline (30+ minutes). This was happening in v22.6.4, but I am still experiencing this bug in v23.2. I tried clearing the cache, and resetting all preferences. I tried switching from the Nvidia studio ready driver to the game ready driver. I tried creating a new project and importing my old project. I tried removing all audio track effects. I tried hiding the video tracks and muting all audio tracks.

My footage is UHD ProRes 422 with ProRes Medium Resolution proxies. My operating system is Windows 10 Pro 22H2 build 19045.2604. This problem happens more frequently when playback is at 2x speed, which I use frequently for getting through long interviews.

When I use a single screen setup without the Audio Track Mixer panel visible, it happens less, but still happens occasionally. When I try to use my second display, even if the Audio Track Mixer is hidden, it goes back to this behavior.

One of the main reasons I do not want to switch to Resolve is because of the lack of customizable interface, but if I can't even use my second monitor, what it the point in paying Adobe over $1,200 per year for my two subscriptions? I do not want to switch to another ecosystem, but this is severely impacting my job. Any suggestions on how to fix this would be appreciated.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Editing and playback , Performance or Stability

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?