• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Playhead glitch (bug/request)

Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! I'm writing here, because from a long time there's this very annoying bug in Premiere that is so basic, but hasn't been fixed for a really long time. It's very intuitive to change the position of the playhead and want it to play from that position. But when the playhead is off the screen it jumps to it's own position and not to the the chosen position. I'm attaching a video of the issue as it's better to showcase that rather than talk through text. Hope you guys could fix this. I think a lot of people would benefit from this. Thanks!

Bug Unresolved

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

It's been resolved, just update Premiere, well actually a half of it only, the main issue is gone

Votes

Translate

Translate
14 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Piotr,

Thanks for taking the time to make the video. I think I know what you want to do. There is a somewhat new feature I want you to try, and that is Move Playhead to Cursor in the Keyboard Shortcuts dialog box. Does that do what you want it to? Let me know if it does. If not, perhaps you can file this as a feature request. 

Either way, please tell me if it works for you.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Enthusiast ,
Jan 28, 2023 Jan 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin,

What you've suggested may be a workaround, but what OP has describe is unexpected behaviour. If you watch around 1min in his video, it becomes very clear. If you are not playing and you click on a point in the timeline, your cursor jumps to the precise point you've clicked on. If you are playing and you click on a point in the timeline, the cursor jumps to the point in the timeline that will be displayed after playback is stopped, not the point that is currently displayed.

I think it's pretty clear that the expected behaviour (and desired behaviour) would be to update the cursor postion based on what a user can see - not what a user might see later. This is the way the cursor works when not playing.

Bonus question: is the expected behaviour for clicking on a position in the timeline documented anywhere?

R.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin, thanks for the tip about the feature! It is helpful, I did program it into AutoHotKey to trigger it with simply left mouse click. It may be even better than what I requested, although let's not get too hyped 😄 I'll see how it works in my future edits. Btw I thought I posted this as a feature request, do you think you could move it there, so I don't have to repost it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's exactly the point. I see the issue I've described as a bug. It's an unexpected behavior as you've said and if we're trying to make people's workflow faster, which I hope we do - this should be gone anyways.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad to! I think the buttons to create a new idea are broken. I'll file a bug ASAP. If you file any others, PM me and I'll move it too.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for isolating Piotr's issue, Remote Index. That will help the devs immensely. Let's upvote. I already did. Have a great weekend!

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2023 Jan 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, thanks Kevin! I'd like to add to that one thing to clarify. There are 2 issues on the video. The second one is the main one

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 12, 2023 Feb 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin, I see you transfered this topic into the "ideas" tab. That's not an idea though, this is a bug/problem and should be treated like one, not as some random idea that you will never consider. So please move if you can, thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Feb 12, 2023 Feb 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Piotr,

Sorry about that. I can do that for you. Well wishes from San Francisco!

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2023 Feb 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Kevin, thanks! Hope you're doing well too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

i am also waiting for the resolution of this problem. Any updates?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Apr 25, 2023 Apr 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's been resolved, just update Premiere, well actually a half of it only, the main issue is gone

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
May 04, 2023 May 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have PP v23.3 and the timeline still jumps to playhead, when its moving off screen and i push the space bar 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
May 04, 2023 May 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Yeah, they didn't fix that, probably cause they don't think that this is a
bug as usual. It's not supposed to jump. If you want to jump you can press
space again. Almost every time after it jumps you have to scroll back to
where the view was. Super inconvenient, makes zero sense. They don't see