• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere 24.0: Preview Renders Keep Going Offline

Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ever since upgrading to Premiere 24.0, after I get my timeline fully green for rendering the preview files, they will spontaneously disconnect and go back to being red. This once happened after a crash when I opened the project again. I fully rendered a timeline before I went home last night, but this morning, I launched the project, and it is fully red again. All the preview files are still in the folder on the PC level, so not sure why they are disconnecting randomly.

I will monitor this to see if I can find a pattern to this new behavior.

Windows 11 Pro

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Performance or Stability

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
14 Comments
Community Beginner ,
Oct 20, 2023 Oct 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue, it's definitely a bug and it's really frustrating as it's slowing down my workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 20, 2023 Oct 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving it to Discussions for troubleshooting

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,
Oct 22, 2023 Oct 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same and it's bringing my editing to a standstill. Why you can't link to render files like you would media is baffling. I have the render files all done and ready in a folder, but no way to link them. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Oct 23, 2023 Oct 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So much time has been wasted. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are your Media Cache files on an external drive that doesn't have a fixed drive letter?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My media cache files are in my Library on my macbook. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have one external SSD connected via USB3. The media cache files are in the same folder as the project. After each restart, the drive is always assigned the same letter, but I have not yet tried reassigning it to a specific letter yet. -- My Media Cache Database is at the root level of C, but I am moving it inside my Users folder to see if it stays linked. Perhaps it is a wonky permissions issue on my root C. ** Update. I moved my Media Cache locations (both) to the Users on my C-drive. I quit Premiere and relaunched without doing anything else, and ALL my renders in the timeline reverted back to yellow and red. Drive letters are not the issue. The databases must not be saving correctly after the renders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why? Isn't this a bug? I did not have this problem with the last version of Premiere 23. This is a brand new 24.0 behavior.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2023 Oct 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @MarcCebrian, @fugzo, @kathryns11060067,

I read your notes. Sorry for the issue. I can reproduce the problem. I moved this thread into the bugs forum and I have notified the team.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2023 Oct 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, Kevin. It started in the Bugs thread. Someone moved it to Troubleshooting, and now it is moving back to Bugs. I'm glad someone at Adobe is seeing I didn't imagine this. Absolutely new behavior with 24.0 and not 23.x before the upgrade. Cheers.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One other "feature" of this nasty bug: If you accidentally cut and paste your entire timeline, you will lose connection to all your renders. You cannot UNDO this. I had an entire finished sequence, ready to hit export, I moved my hand across the keyboard and hit control V by accident when I pasted it back, all renders were gone. When it tried to undo my actions, all the renders were gone. So, I have to re-render the whole thing again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ready to hit export........,.So, I have to re-render the whole thing again.

By @MarcCebrian

You don't need to render to export unless you check use previews when exporting.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I know. Rendering is my way of knowing what is done in the timeline. Plus, the export is super-fast when you export your preview settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2024 Mar 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This problem persists even after upgrading to 24.3 yesterday, on March 27, 2024. Five months later, it is still a solid issue. I don't even need to restart my computer for it to do this. The ENTIRE timeline goes back to yellow and red after quitting and restarting the application.

Votes

Translate

Translate