• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere doesn't recognize a generic mp3 file after updating

Explorer ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've updated Premiere Pro to 23.1. today, and now it stops finding the file, and when I locate it and try to import it back into my project I get a generic error message.

Adobe_Premiere_Pro_tPFqeZq2dA.png

TOPICS
Audio , Error or problem , Import

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Hello @WangleLine,

Thanks for the message. It’s been a long time since you filed this bug. I apologize for the lack of a response. Are you still having this issue? If so, the team will need more info from you to reproduce the bug. Can you provide the information required here? How do I write a bug report?

I'll move your post to the Discussions board while we await your information.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi WangleLine,

Glad to hear from you, and thanks for the post. I can see how this might be hard to deal with. Over the past year, I've seen this issue rise and fall in severity. I'm not sure why it happens. It could be the same place others are receiving these files. Sorry about that. One quick question, where did you get the file?

A workaround might help. Try replacing the clip with uncompressed .aif or .wav source files. If you do not have access to the source files and are forced to use a .mp3, try changing the extension for the source file to ".wav." Then, reconnect the file. Let us know if it worked.

Thanks,
Kevin 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was downloaded from epidemicsound - The file worked just fine before updating to 23.1

Remuxing did help though, thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also.. here's free and easy way to convert MP3s to WAVs. Shutter Encoder is a very cool and useful tool for editors.

https://www.shutterencoder.com/en/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 02, 2024 Apr 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @WangleLine,

Thanks for the message. It’s been a long time since you filed this bug. I apologize for the lack of a response. Are you still having this issue? If so, the team will need more info from you to reproduce the bug. Can you provide the information required here? How do I write a bug report?

I'll move your post to the Discussions board while we await your information.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines