• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere doesn't write timecode to WAV files anymore

Community Beginner ,
Jun 04, 2024 Jun 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used to be able to export a clip's audio to a WAV file with timecode for external processing. It was extremely useful because I could easily replace the old audio in a sequence with the new, or easily create merged clips.

Now that's no longer the case. Every WAV comes back in with timecode at zero.

I have included two WAV files exported from the same video clip: an older one from June of 2023, and one I just now exported (files are silent to protect client privacy). When brought back into Premiere, the older one retains the timecode of the original video clip, and the newer one does not. The only difference is the older one was exported from Premiere 2023, and the newer from Premiere 2024.

I don't think I'm doing anything different on export (the metadata tab is activated), so has Adobe removed this functionality?

Thanks,

Chris

Bug Needs More Info
TOPICS
Export , Sound

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Jun 04, 2024 Jun 04, 2024

Hello @Gemstone Chris,

I'm Kevin from Support, one of the moderators here.

I read your bug report. Can you give the team more information to reproduce the bug? How do I write a bug report?

I hope they can help you ASAP.

Much appreciated!
Kevin

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate
2 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Gemstone Chris,

I'm Kevin from Support, one of the moderators here.

I read your bug report. Can you give the team more information to reproduce the bug? How do I write a bug report?

I hope they can help you ASAP.

Much appreciated!
Kevin

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, Kevin. Thank you for your help. I'll try to provide as much information as I can.

I'm running Premiere Pro v24.3.0 on a Mac Studio M1 Ultra running Sonoma 14.4.1. The problem I am having occurs regardless of the kind of source media I am using, but the sound files I previously attached came from an MXF file, Sony XAVC-I, with timecode. I load that clip into the Source window and export WAV files using the following settings:

Export settings.png

When I used to do this on Premiere Pro 2023 last year (I don't remember the exact version number, sorry). the files contained timecode that remained there when imported back into Premiere. Now under v24.3.0, they do not. The files I attached should be identical, but the one from 2023 (that preserved timecode) is 16 bytes larger, and a hex editor reveals quite a few differences between them. Premiere is writing these WAV files differently than it used to.

Thanks,

Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate