• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 2023 freezes when quitting project

Community Beginner ,
Feb 02, 2023 Feb 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm on Ventura on an Intel iMac and M1 Macbook Pro and have the same issue.  When quiting projects in Premiere I get the spinning wheel of death.  I have to force quit every time to close premiere on both machines.  This was happening before I updated to Ventura on the iMac and only recently started on the Macbook Pro.  Any suggestion? Thanks team.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , Apr 04, 2024 Apr 04, 2024

Hello @Fulvew,

Thanks for the message. It’s been a long time since you filed this bug, and I apologize for the lack of a response. Are you still having this issue? If so, the team will need more information from you to reproduce the bug. Can you provide the information required here? How do I write a bug report?

I'll move your post to the Discussions board while we await your information.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Im on M1 Studio Ultra with 64 Gigs of ram and i am also having to force quit from the spinning ball every time. 

The previous version of Premiere (2022) does not do this. 

Also the program doesnt seem to be auto saving. I have to manually save it when i think of it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 10, 2023 Feb 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried resetting Premiere preferences? Or try previous version of Premiere to check if it's the same?

Adobe Community Expert
Adobe Certified Professional

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I have trashed the preferences.  It still has the same issue.  Seems to happen the longer I work opn the project ore after I have saved it several times.  If I just open a project and do nothing to it I can close it again without issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have also, uninstalled premiere on both machines and re-installed with the same results. Super buggy on both machines.  Not sure what's happening.  Switched to premiere after the Final Cut 7 fiasco.  I'm still able to get work done but having to do work arounds to make it work properly is starting to be a drag.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have opened and used 2022 many times since ive obtained 2023 and i have no issues with it. Same machine.

I have reset 2023 to factory. Thrown out all cache files. It still misbehaves. Its something in this version. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand it's a pain and not ideal for getting a job done.

Have you tried Premiere 2022?

Adobe Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it's quite buggy...

Adobe Community Expert

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes I have tried downgrading.  The problem is that I have several projects in 2023 that won't open after the downgrade.  I have tried the workaround of re-writing the version of the project with the gzip compressor.  no go.  

I'll tough it out for now.  Just a real bummer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 04, 2024 Apr 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Fulvew,

Thanks for the message. It’s been a long time since you filed this bug, and I apologize for the lack of a response. Are you still having this issue? If so, the team will need more information from you to reproduce the bug. Can you provide the information required here? How do I write a bug report?

I'll move your post to the Discussions board while we await your information.

Thanks,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines