• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro (22.4.0 S7) not recognizing Media Encoder for exports

Explorer ,
Jan 11, 2024 Jan 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a paid CC subscription, but stopped being able to use the newer CC apps as my Mac can't run anything newer than OS Catalina.

I still had copies of PP and ME 2022 and both work well, but when I export a timeline from PP to ME the Media Encoder button is greyed ou, with a "Media Coder not installed" pop up, even though it's sitting right there in my applications. Same issue with creating Proxies from PP. I can run things through ME manually by opening PP projects in ME and choosing sequences, but it's inefficient and annoying. Is there a way I can make these programs talk to each other?

Note, I don't currently have the CC app installed, and it doesn't recognize my 2022 versions anyway.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
6 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Specifically, which versions of PPro and AME do you have installed? [Versions from the About box, not year numbers, please]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PP version is in the title of the post. But my bad on ME. It's 22.4 build s3. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, those should be working together. 

> ...I don't currently have the CC app installed, and it doesn't recognize my 2022 versions anyway.

That's concerning. I wonder whether the deinstallation of CC, removed the 'connective tissue' that lets PPro find your installed copy of AME.

Could you expand on that "doesn't recognize 2022 versions" behavior? Did it not see them installed, not offer them for installation, or both?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am guessing OP wants a version that will run on Catalina.

But 2022 and older is no longer available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2024 Feb 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey OP here. Nice to meet ya. Indeed I would like a version that "runs on Catalina." Luckily, both Premiere Pro and ME 2022 editions which I have do indeed "run on Catalina." I cannot upgrade the OS on this machine, nor can I buy a new Mac right now. So I need to make do. The issue, as posted, is that Premiere is not "seeing" ME in order to send files for export. That's all. If you don't have a solution, no worries.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,
Feb 06, 2024 Feb 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

All of the above. So it doesn't offer them for install, which is why I installed them off a Time Machine backup I had from a few months ago. It then doesn't recognize them (which sort of makes sense) and just tells me my machine can't have any apps because of the old OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate