• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 23.4 - A/V sync issues when moving project to new directory - Motion Effects Disabled

Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2023 Jun 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I need help, like real help. I've never seen Premiere this broken before. Adobe's chat support is garbage. One guy just disconnected from me randomly after I outlined the issue I was having, and another person I spoke to not only couldn't resolve any issue, but he could barely cobble together a properly-written sentence in English throughout the entire session. 

First issue: I synced a WAV file of audio with my video before making cuts and arranging them in an edit. I take a break from the project and open it up a week or two later and I find that instead of the audio being exactly where I left it, each time there is a cut made in the audio track, corresponding with video, the audio track starts over from the very beginning each time. I've attached a screen shot and the audio in question is on A6 layer. How did this happen and short of manually resyncing the entire video, which would take hours, how can this be fixed?Screenshot 2023-06-14 18.06.04.png

Second Issue: I once again open up a fairly recent project only to find that simple layer effects I made, not from a third party, mind you, are not actually functioning despite being applied to the video layer. For example, I have the built-in Transform effect applied to a video layer that's supposed to move the video a certain direction according to key frames. It just doesn't do anything. I also have the video resized a bit in the standard Motion effect and the video isn't actually resized. Crop effects aren't showing up either. 

Guys, I didn't do anything to either project between when it was last working as intended and today when everything was broken. What the hell did Adobe do, and can anyone help me restore the project files properly?!

Mod note: Title changed to reflect issues.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Projects or collaboration , User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
3 Comments
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Issue number 1 is a known issue with version Premiere Pro 23.4.  The workaround is provided here.   See "May 2023 Release (Version 23.4) - CLIPS RESET TO THE FIRST FRAME AFTER RELINKING IN TEXT-BASED EDITING".

And yeah, it's very frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @devinc26194246,

I saw your post. Sorry for the multiple issues. I am in support and I am very sorry about the negative support experience. A small tip is to demand to speak to the "video queue" so that you are routed to the best possible support team. Sometimes you are not routed correctly and that can lead to a bad experience. I apologize for that. BTW, you can always ask for an escalation and a "call back" from a Tier 2 agent. I can dig into your case and make sure the agent you were working with did their job correctly and will take remedial action for you.

When filing bug reports I can give you some advice into making sure that your bugs are addressed. First, format them according to this post: How do I write a bug report? Next, file only one bug per post. A post containing multiple bugs often are not considered by the product team. Sorry about that. Feel free to edit this post if you want to take action on that. I can also do this for you, if you like.

On your first bug, as Warren has indicated, you can try the workarounds listed in that bug report: Known issue: Text-Based Editing - clips reset to first frame after relink in 23.4

On your second bug, please do a test in a new project to see if you are having the same isssue and report back.

Sorry again for this negative experience. Let me know if you have any other concerns or send me a PM.

Thank You,

Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
Jul 24, 2023 Jul 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

OMG! This happened to me, too. Thankfully I had a render and could reuse most of it. Trying to fix again.

Votes

Translate

Translate