• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 24.1 crashing after splash screen - M2 MBP 13"

New Here ,
Feb 15, 2024 Feb 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on macOS Sonoma 14.2.1. Everytime I try to open Premiere, the splash screen pops up for a bit and loads a couple of files. After loading the files, Premiere crashes and asks me to send a report. When I run "Creative Cloud Diagnostics," it tells me to update to the latest version but I already have it(24.1). I tried resetting preferences as well. I don't have any 3rd party audio devices/plugins either so that shouldn't be messing with it. I have attached the crash report below.

Crash Report 

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Performance or Stability

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
5 Comments
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 16, 2024 Feb 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@NguyenNguyen24 I'm sorry this is happening. Can you try launching Premiere Pro while holding Shift? This should get you into the Reset Options dialog. I would try the options one at a time, in this order:

1. Reset plugin loading cache
  2. Disable third-party plugins
  3. Clear media cache
  4. Reset app preferences

I hope one of those gets Premiere Pro to launch normally and then we can have an idea of what is going on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just tried these one by one. Unfortunately didn't work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Was Premiere functioning properly before updating to 24.1?  If so, you might reinstall the previous version that was working.  Earlier versions should be available in the creative cloud app by clicking on the elipsis (...) to the extreme right of the installed version of premiere and choose "other versions."  

Could be some sort of conflict with something that's loading automatically.   Simplest troubleshooting step is to go to system preferences:  users and groups, and create a new user account with administrator privileges and see if there's any change in the behavior.  

and of course, try mattchrestensen's suggestions...  

Post back and let us know if any of this helps and if not, there are plenty of other troubleshooting steps to take.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is my first installation of Premiere so 24.1 is the only installation I've ever had. I've tried installing previous versions and it didn't work. 

I made an administrator account and it doesn't seem to work there either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate