• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Premiere Pro 24.4.1 update - Labels - Audio Fade Handles - Performance Problems

Explorer ,
May 24, 2024 May 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, I personally feel it, but it seems certain that interface-related updates are never a good direction.

1. Color inversion when the layer label color is bright severely degrades readability.
Of course, I understood that darkening the label color will return, but it's not an absolute solution.
If the overall brightness of the layer drops, it will be an absolute loss in terms of overall readability
It's going to end up as a matter of physical strength.
If you continue to see a thin white font in a dark color, your eyes will only get tired.
Please make sure to roll back this update.

2. The fade handle is less readable than the previous version

Originally, I could see what fade handle effect was in the brown background
It is now a transparent fade handle, and it is impossible to determine which fade handle is in unless you click the effect control.
I'm really curious about what convenience this came from.

3. It's just a matter of slowness.

Text typing slow has been around since 2023, so I honestly have nothing to say.

The above issue is what happens with all tasks using the program monitor.

But more than the problem above, the overall program has slowed down.

Running the option alone gives you a delay of 2 to 3 seconds.

I understand that a fatal error was found in version 24.4 and updated to 24.4.1.

But from the user's point of view, I really don't know if this is a good update.

Mod note: The title was changed to reflect your issue.

Bug Needs More Info
TOPICS
Editing and playback , User experience or interface

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Pinned Reply

Adobe Employee , May 24, 2024 May 24, 2024

Thanks for the information, @Editor Seoha  I hope the community or the team can help find a solution.

Regarding the UI updates, the team appreciates them and is working on improving them based on feedback like this. Thank you!

You are being helped by engineering. Great! Contiune to work with them to get a reproducible bug so it can be fixed.

As an aside: One thing you can try for performance is to delete the media cache. Have you tried that? Press Shift at launch for the Reset Options dial

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate
9 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi and thanks for that feedback.  It's always much appreciated.  I would love to talk more about the overall program being slowed down.  Are you able to provide a bit more detail?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First of all, in the case of delays in the program monitor, the 2023 and 2024 versions were the same

The specifications of the computer are
M1 Max
32GB
512GB
External SSD 1TB

In the case of the original image used, it is an image of 15 Mbps and uses multi-channel audio.

It's 2023

It's 2024

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks!  These videos are super helpful.  Can you give me more detail about the camera/file type?  I see it mp4s.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm late to check.

The file has an extension of mp4 (h.264).

Sequence setting is 1920x1080 FHD FPS.60

The free file format is Quick Time 422HQ

Maximum Bit Depth, Check
Maximum Render Quality, Check

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, and all operations using 'Program Monitor' will be delayed.

It's not just the work using subtitles that's delayed.

It is a delay in using all kinds of 'program monitors' such as masks, movements, scales, rotation, etc.

The issue of using this 'Program Monitor' and entering options is not relevant at all.

Media cache files, peak files, and so on have all been deleted but have not been resolved.

It's an error that has been going on since 2023, so I hope it's resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information, @Editor Seoha  I hope the community or the team can help find a solution.

Regarding the UI updates, the team appreciates them and is working on improving them based on feedback like this. Thank you!

You are being helped by engineering. Great! Contiune to work with them to get a reproducible bug so it can be fixed.

As an aside: One thing you can try for performance is to delete the media cache. Have you tried that? Press Shift at launch for the Reset Options dialog box. There you can delete the cache. Restart Premiere Pro and, after the cache rebuilds, see if it helps the performance issues. I hope so.

Thanks,
Kevin

Status Needs More Info

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Regarding this bug, which has been appearing since the 2023 version, we have been giving feedback continuously since last year, but it has not been fixed.

Also, the removal of media cache files and peak files is continuously attempted once a week, but it is not resolved.

However, after experiencing this bug in person for a long time, there are some things I found out.

1. The delay is lost when you create a new sequence and work on it

-> This appears to be expected from the moment the project file exceeds 500kb to 1MB

2. If you create a new project, load an existing project and work on it, the delay disappears for a certain period of time.

-> It's unfortunate, but if you neglect it a little bit or if there's a specific gimmick, there's a huge delay again.

But I couldn't figure out what that particular gimmick was like.

As described in the text, the bug is found to appear in all tasks using 'Program Monitor.'

I'm talking about all the tasks including masks, motion, scale, rotation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additionally, the bug has been consistently identified when working on heavy tasks such as essential graphics, effects, etc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2024 May 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hola Seoha, pienso de la misma manera que tú, más que nada en relación a los fade handles. Ahora, al ser con fondo transparente, parecen clip cortados y offline, ya quee stán más oscuros. Esta actualización no me ha ayudado en nada a visualizar rápidamente qué tipo de fade hay en el timeline. Gracias

Votes

Translate

Translate