May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Mac Studio M1 Max

32GB

512 SSD

OS 12.6.3 (21G419)

Our suite is running the latest version of Premiere 23.2.0 - We playback visuals via the Blackmagic Extreme 3 to an extenal Atomos Neon 24 via SDI and also to a LG OLED via HDMI from the Blackmagic Extreme 3.

The LG OLED is lagging behind by around half a second from Premiere and the Atomos Neon.

I've checked playback with Davinci Resolve and the TV is in perfect sync with Resolve and the Atomos Neon.

The issue appears to only present itself with Premiere Pro. We have another suite (PC) running the Extreme 3 using the same model of TV with the same issue.

I can't see any settings via playback or Desktop Video (Blackmagic) to correct this.

I've been in contact with Blackmagic support who are investigating.

I've attached two videos showing the lag with Premiere and the correct sync with Resolve.

Bug Unresolved
TOPICS
Editing and playback

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
4 Comments
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to check - have you tried changing the transmit "Video Offset" setting under Preferences->Playback? There are also some plugin specific settings available in the same window. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I need to bring the visuals forward <<< as the TV is delayed/lagging behind- the offset setting delays the visuals as far as I'm aware, which would send it in the wrong direction >>>

This setting would also directly affect the Atomos Neon which is in perfect sync currently.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Right. The Blackmagic transmit plugin requests a certain buffer of frames from Premiere ahead of the playhead. Premiere can buffer the frames more - but not provide fewer frames. If the Video Offset setting for the Blackmagic transmit plugin (the offset can be changed per plugin) in Premiere is already 0, the Blackmagic plugin would need to be modified to request fewer buffered frames to get the sync right. I would reccomend bringing this up with Blackmagic (which it appears you already have).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the response. If it were possible to go into the negative with this setting - this would affect both the neon which is in sync so it would pull the TV in sync and push the Neon monitor out of sync.

I've passed on your notes to Blackmagic. 

Votes

Translate

Translate